• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

SRB2-based creations

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, I was planning to make a SMB mod. It would be pretty easy, too.

1.) Replace the Sonic sprites with ripped SMB Jr. sprites
2.) Decrease Sonic's max, acceleration and deceleration speeds
3.) Make all the levels just floating in the sky

And that's it, besides making new levels. Beta1.wad is actually pretty good, and I'll try to help you out when I get time off of TNAoStH and SPMoves. :wink:

shadowstar said:
I have played the wad, I like it, but... I don't really get how it could be
Used it to make the original sonic levels, and add a twist to them.

think about it, you could make levels that are of a 2d nature, but add some depth to it. it would be like having the 2d SRB2 levels, but being able to move in more directions.

Geona said:
shadowstar said:

think about it, you could make levels that are of a 2d nature, but add some depth to it. it would be like having the 2d SRB2 levels, but being able to move in more directions.

Yeah, that would be nice until you run behind something and the camera gets messed up. :/

Shuffle said:
Geona said:
shadowstar said:

Yeah, that would be nice until you run behind something and the camera gets messed up. :/

you could always use invisible walls to prevent that, I guess.

Has anyone heard of the Linedef Executor 'Camera Scanner'? I'd post a link to it, but a441 world is down at the moment.

I was meaning to put it in that bendy thing to rotate the camera so that you only had to press 'up', but it's broken in 1.08.

We could use the camera scanner to decrease the distance, or change the rotation of the camera so that when you run behind something, then that camera scanner would take over so you could still see the player.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back