• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

Custom Charwads

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was messing around with the Robo wad stats the other day, because I was going to fix the speed and acceleration to match Robo's in Chrono Trigger. I had the stats perfect, but then I get this weird thing where his stand animation is replaced with something different. (I believe it's his fall animation.) any ideas?

Geona said:
I was messing around with the Robo wad stats the other day, because I was going to fix the speed and acceleration to match Robo's in Chrono Trigger. I had the stats perfect, but then I get this weird thing where his stand animation is replaced with something different. (I believe it's his fall animation.) any ideas?
I think that has to do with your wad editor renaming the frames with lowercase characters to being uppercase. You'll need to use something like LumpMod to rename them to be lowercase.

The standing replaced by falling is the result of the WAD editor saving the lumps at the and as capitol letters. You need to rename it to lowercase using LUMPMOD or a HEX editor.

Well, prepare for an eyesore (I know it isnt transparent backround i dont have a program to do that.

Basically my character is called sticky, and he has limited morphing ability (only 1 thing in this). I drew the sprites fairly quickly.

Erm, how does one attach things?

turns out it fixed itself. I redownloaded and edited the wad again, and this time no glitches happened.

I figured out what the problem was, didn't like the face and name gfx, but now I get
"R_installSingleSpriteDef: Too much Sprite replacement (numspritelump)"

I swear it's like i'm not meant to be able to do this, what's THIS mean?

Helpin' you what? I'll help.

I renamed the last 10 lumps in your WAD file so that the 'falling down spring' thing is fixed.

That wasn't the problem, the problem is the errors I just showed.

"R_installSingleSpriteDef: Too much Sprite replacement (numspritelump)"

Then use a different wad editor

Hmm...I never saw that error before

Did you replace the ones in SRB2.srb or on sonic(or whatever character).plr?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 2, Members: 0, Guests: 2)

Back