Greeman V1 Final

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scizor300

a man denied his homeland
Well, it's been quite a while since Greeman was released to the forums, and now, I bring you the final version of Greeman V1. There are some differences between this release and the last release I had on the forums.

Here's some of the differences:
- Color change now works
- His ability is different, but still well suited to the Heli-Glide name
- Ect.

Anyways, here are some screenshots and the download (Along with a Mirror).

MIRROR: http://www.sendspace.com/file/2g1qxh
(Regular download and Screenshots below)

Enjoy!

Attachments

• Greeman_V1Final.zip
    24.8 KB · Views: 1,475
  • srb20000.jpg
    srb20000.jpg
    21.4 KB · Views: 2,023
  • srb20001.jpg
    srb20001.jpg
    21 KB · Views: 13,779
  • srb20002.jpg
    srb20002.jpg
    21.5 KB · Views: 1,069
  • srb20003.jpg
    srb20003.jpg
    21.3 KB · Views: 1,114
  • srb20004.jpg
    srb20004.jpg
    21.5 KB · Views: 1,225
  • srb20005.jpg
    srb20005.jpg
    20.7 KB · Views: 991
  • srb20006.jpg
    srb20006.jpg
    20.1 KB · Views: 956
Last edited:
You've already heard my comments on the quality of the WAD itself, but the submission was accepted thanks to a change in policy due to a debate, not a change in the WAD.

My view is that this might become a "template" WAD of sorts, since the character is so generic.

It has potential, but it needs a lot more work.

1. More shading, please. The body is barely shaded, and the hands and feet aren't shaded at all. And please improve the shading you've got; the shading of the head doesn't look right.

I would personally recommend you shade Greeman more like this:

20rwa9.png

And I might add that it only took me about five minutes to do that.

2. The walking frames look weird; he shouldn't have his arms trailing behind him if he isn't up to full speed. It would have looked a lot better if his walking frames had him swinging his hands back and forth.
3. Some of the running frames don't look quite right, either.
4. The diagonal and side Spindash frames are REALLY weird. They make Greeman look like he's wobbling rather than spinning. It's not a good effect.

Overall, this WAD's just kind of jerky and crude to me. It feels much more like a beta than a final release.

Scizor300, neither do you. Your WAD is a circle on top of a square, both of one colour with some light shading. Can you please tell me what is so unique about this character that might make me want to play it?

1. He didn't say it was a recolor.
2. Don't be so literal, Scizor300. Spazzo didn't mean your WAD was completely unoriginal. He just meant it was uninteresting. It needs better artwork, better shading, and it would be good to have some feature that makes gameplay different and original.

As for the problem of shading, might I once again refer you to my shading sample?

20rwa9.png

Last edited:
1. It's not a recolor
2. Um... It's completely hand drawn

1. Correct, it's not a recolour...but that doesn't justify making this sort of character. It's a circle on top of a square, there isn't much to it at all. From my perspective, you're trying to do the least amount of work to get your wad submitted, which makes no sense.

<Spazzo> I want you to explain to me the process you took while hand drawing greeman
<Scizor300> Circle, Line, fill, and Pencil tool, all in MSPaint

Please, Scizor300, TRY and do more than the minimum amount of work necessary for a submission, next time, instead of stretching the truth.

You were throwing a ****fit over this?

First of all, Greenman is almost entirely (and un-ironically) just one color. On top of that, it's the color of the floor in GFZ and parts of other levels. That makes it really hard for the character to stick out in any way.

Speaking of sticking out, Greenman is pretty bland. It's just a guy that's green. Nothing creative or original about it in the slightest. It's not interesting, not fun, and honestly not worth a download.

You really need to try to spend more time in both conceptualizing your characters, and then actually making it. I'm sure you can make some decent things, but you really need to put more time into the entire process.

Actually, as it turns out, this wad primarily was mainly continued due to a bet on Wadbase.

Hence the reason why it was rushed and ended up sub-par.

Actually, as it turns out, this wad primarily was mainly continued due to a bet on Wadbase.

Hence the reason why it was rushed and ended up sub-par.

I had a dog, and his name was BINGO!

I have nothing to say about this character that hasn't already been said. It's very generic, etc. I'm not going to repeat others.

Well, I was thinking of making him less "Generic" with Cyber Greeman, but everybody just wants me to work on Greeman.

I've also decided the new sprites i'm using, courtesy of ICE
greenman.png

I'm making these sprites a bit more round and suited to Greeman's shape (I.E. Not Wide Enough)

I have no problem with simple character design but some of your bodyparts looked quite flat (even though your shading is not bad).

Here is my attempt of improving it:
suggestionu.png

I was wrong.

I guess I was wrong about it not making releases.
Though I still think your character is somewhat bland,Scizor300, I guess the fact that it works is a start.
Then again, I`ve never made a character wad, so I couldn`t do any better.

As everyone says Scizor, Greeman looks a little bland. And there's so much room for creativity, considering he has distended limbs and all.

I have no problem with simple character design but some of your bodyparts looked quite flat (even though your shading is not bad).

Here is my attempt of improving it:
suggestionu.png

That looks better than the normal Greeman Sprite and When you wanna change color You can't This makes Greeman useless also

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back