SRB2 2.01 : What are your honest thoughts?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think:

Good (+)
-new weapons
-emeralds, to become super forms
-remaked maps
-new maps
-longer story
-new Modus "Hide and Search"
-better optionsmenu

Bad (-)
-i like the old TAG-modus from 1.09.4, because the new tagmode is not so good
-all superforms are yellow in 2.01, BUT not every superform is yellow (for example the knuckles from the megadrive games). Knuckles is in superform pink I think. When the producers make a new Version of SRB2, then please add again the Option "supercolor" for the lumps, ok?
-problems to join a game. When i join a game, the errors are "consistency failure2 or "Server Timeout"
- no bots, like the JTE-Version of the old SRB2
-i miss the "ringslinger", the "slingitem", the "lightdash" and the "spinitem" options. The "spinitem" and "ringslinger" options are the most importants options for me.

Conclusion:
The new Version have any good thinks, but I can't play my favorite mode, the "Tagmode" from 1.09.4 and I can't play my own charakters with his special abilitys. There are to many bad points for the new version!

Hang on, can we configure it so that the mousewheel can change the weapons up and down? If so, then that would be a great thing for me, as I'm really not getting used to the numbers.

Kratzean said:
-all superforms are yellow in 2.01, BUT not every superform is yellow (for example the knuckles from the megadrive games). Knuckles is in superform pink I think. When the producers make a new Version of SRB2, then please add again the Option "supercolor" for the lumps, ok?

Playability should always come before superficial matters such as continuity with previous (irrelevant) games. All Super forms are yellow for obvious balance reasons, mainly to make sure that super powered players stick out and are easily identifiable (as well as consistent with each other), the easiest way of doing this is by colour, in this case a bright, pulsating colour with sparkles that is immediately identifiable.

So yeah, you're not going to be seeing Pink Super Knuckles any time soon (in multiplayer, at least).

^And the specifically took out the color yellow in match so its for super forms.

I would like to see super icons for Tails and Knuckles. Not some super sonic head.

I always sort of felt that the match gametype was always given more attention and priority than singleplayer and co-op...both of which require a good deal of looking pleasing to the eye. It's quite annoying to try to do a game when characters are highlighters with legs.

Well, here's what I think:

Positives [+]

-Longer Single Player
-Better Textures
-New powerups
-Great level design
-CEZ is awesome
-New special stage designs

Negatives [-]

-I miss the old save system
-Single Player campaign isn't finished
-No adjusting camera from menu (unless I'm wrong)
-Why is the level converter a command line tool?
-And this:
srb20000.png

Although that's not a negative, as much as it's just a whole crazy thing.

Either way, I'll wait for the CB version or updates from the team.

Ice said:
Hang on, can we configure it so that the mousewheel can change the weapons up and down? If so, then that would be a great thing for me, as I'm really not getting used to the numbers.
Options > Setup controls > Player 1 controls > Control configuration > Next (page) > Next weapon and Prev weapon.

Well I just had an online coop game with about ten people and already the bullcrap's started, people who I don't think have been all thevels, and some who've definatly never played the new levels just skip everyparts of the new bonuses, bosses, levels using cheats.

I play through the levels normally on srb2 for two reasons

1.I think cheating is cheap, at its worst 9999 rings on refill.

1.For this release I appreciate the work done on this game that people have worked on for at least five years, everyone online just skips every gimmick and design in every new level by gilding over everything in ten seconds as supersonic, and make the bosses worthless by having four people standing on each pipe (DPZ's boss) as supersonic and just standing there while robotnik comes up and gets his ass handed to him, or just pelt him with rings like its an fps.

I feel really annoyed that at least five years of work has been done for people to just skip the level in two minutes flying and rushing over everything as supersonic, I get the feeling when playing online that a lot people doing this have not played/finished or explored many of the new levels.

If you don't like how a server's host runs their game, there is nothing stopping you from hosting your own netgame.

Actually, I would highly encourage you to do so. You'd have more fun for starters.

Pros:

- The new levels finally give the game a challenge that the game couldn't provide, and that Ultimate couldn't do

-The emerald stages are MUCH better with ring placement, the stages that were too easy were toughened up and the stage that was too hard was replaced with an awesome final special stage

-Knuckles' new sprites are epic, I don't see how anybody could complain about him. He's just a tad bit skinnier than expected, but still great.

-Better/new enemy/boss sprites and new tactics for each one. Loving that jousting enemy in CEZ, and of course the Crawla Commanders are amazing.

-That green shield is a real life saver.

-The scenery and textures are great, often left me dying because I was staring at everything, heh.

Cons:

-The save system makes the harder levels incredible bitches, especially ERZ.

-Not enough bosses, and the zones aren't exactly complete.

-The camera is a great disadvantage in closed-in spaces, like in ERZ or DSZ.

As you can see, the pros outweigh the cons, and I'm much more than satisfied.

My honest thoughts are:

Good:

-The new levels
-The new multiplayer system
-The local of the Emblems are very creative and original
-New special stages

Bad:

-CEZ2 Lag
-Save system that only saves on first act.
-SigSev errors.

I think SRB2ME it needs a little of work on some levels.

8/10

Jazz said:
If you don't like how a server's host runs their game, there is nothing stopping you from hosting your own netgame.

Actually, I would highly encourage you to do so. You'd have more fun for starters.

My post was not just about how I don't like cheating because its cheating, I was complaining at how people who are playing the new levels for the first time, are skipping the levels entirely flying over them as supersonic in two minutes, when people have been putting hard work for at least 5 years into the designs and gimmicks for these levels and people are just skipping all of it.

So its not a simple matter of "if you don't like it go somewhere else" I'm making a very valid point.

Sciky said:
Jazz said:

My post was not just about how I don't like cheating because its cheating, I was complaining at how people who are playing the new levels for the first time, are skipping the levels entirely flying over them as supersonic in two minutes, when people have been putting hard work for at least 5 years into the designs and gimmicks for these levels and people are just skipping all of it.

So its not a simple matter of "if you don't like it go somewhere else" I'm making a very valid point.

If that's what they are doing, let them. They are missing out.

If that's not the way you like to play, then fine, leave the server and play your own way. But, the whole point of a game is to have fun, and if people have fun playing that way, how can you blame them for that?

They can play however they want, I just think if you're going to play a level for the first time that someone's been working on for years then you should actually play the level and not make all their work pointless, I'm only talking about the first time playing it.

I guess you're right Jellybones, if they want to skip all the levels and miss out, let them, its their fault.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back