• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

URGENT!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have deadline of tommorow morning and I can't be on my computer any later then 9:45

My wad file is crashing, it says "Z_ChangeTag: freed a pointer without ZONEID"

How do I fix this?[/i]

If you've corrupted it beyond fixing, you'll have to resort to backup. If you didn't have a backup, you have a major problem.

Because of this, it's generally a good idea to make a backup copy every time you complete a major addition, so you don't lose a lot of work if something idiotic causes it to corrupt.

For all WADs that are acting up, try the following:

Run it through ZenNode (Do a Google search, or something. Move the Zennode.exe to the SRB2 Folder, and run it like you run LumpMod.) If that doesn't work,
Open it in WadAuthor. If it crashes, it's toast.
WadAuthor usually makes a backup of recently opened WADs now and again. I think...
Look for [Wadname].bak or something similar. (My SRB2 folder's flooded with [wadname].[3-digit number, like 005].bak. :| )

SRB2-Playah said:
For all WADs that are acting up, try the following:

Run it through ZenNode (Do a Google search, or something. Move the Zennode.exe to the SRB2 Folder, and run it like you run LumpMod.) If that doesn't work,
Open it in WadAuthor. If it crashes, it's toast.
WadAuthor usually makes a backup of recently opened WADs now and again. I think...
Look for [Wadname].bak or something similar. (My SRB2 folder's flooded with [wadname].[3-digit number, like 005].bak. :| )
WadAuthor saves the last version of your file as filename.bak. Doombuilder saves the last three versions as filename.wad.backupX, where X is the number of the version.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back