• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

Secret levels

Status
Not open for further replies.

DarkAngel

When you're making a whole pack of levels, is it possible to make hidden alternate exits that lead to secret levels before going on to the next level in the sequence.
Sort of like the Military base level in Doom 1 where there was a hidden exit that moved you to another level instead of just going on to the next one immediately.

That would work, but I don't think that's what he had in mind. You need all of the chaos emeralds to get it to work. Hey, this gave me an idea... *Goes to the "stuff to put in 1.1" topic*

Hmm, the custom exit thing sounds a bit like it.
It's really something like, instead of making the levels go in a sequence like:
level 1
level 2
level 3
and so on...
Say Level 2 has an alternate exit hidden somewhere in it, that when the player cleared the level that way, the sequence would change to:
level 1
level 2
secret level
level 3
Then the exit from the secret level would send the player on to level 3 and continue as normal.

Could the custom exit be used in that way?

So basically, you can put more than one exit sector in a LVL?

I've always tried, and now I know what I did wrong. I put two of the same exit sectors, when I should have put the custom one.

I still dont get what I do wrong. Testing it, i put 2 exit sectors next to each other. one is a normal one. the other one is tagged to a linedef the size of 4, and in the sidedef, i put sector 71. It wont let me go to map04. What am i doing wrong?

let me see a screenshot.

You might be tagging the sector wrong. You don't tag the side of the sector you want as the special sector (if you made maps with water, ou should know). Try tagging the sector as if you were trying to make a water sector. It might work

Warning: The custom exit will work slightly differently in 1.09. So once it comes out, you'll want to check your WAD against it to make sure it works.

OK, got your email, and I think I know the problem. You possibly didn't set the sector class correctly. You set the class to normal, when you should have set it to exit sector (I think). If that doesn't work, you'll have to consult someone else, becasue this is as far as I can help. Hope I helped

So next to telling it its an Exit sector in the sector side (where you place the floor n ceiling pics), i need to give it the number that tells it its the exit sector in the linedef side too? I think that didnt work the last time i tried it. I'm sure the game gives me an error for typing a sector number if its not a tag sector, unless otherwise noted. But I'll try. I'm in school, so I'll have to wait for now.

EDIT: Nevermind, I didnt understand it at first, since I was at school. Well it works now. Thank you JetKrazy.

no problem. Learning from experience of trial and error, I really sorta became a semi-wad expert.

Odd how still none of my wads actually come out correctly....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back