Undefined behaviour? screenshot included

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fizz

says this when loading level :
KUQeuzA.png

"P_RandomRange : Range > 65536 is undefined behaviour" open this for a zoom-able version : http://imgur.com/KUQeuzA
how do i fix this?
it only happened since v2.1.15 release, i open in zone builder and it says that message.

Last edited:
This is a warning message for P_RandomRange, so it's a problem with the Lua script.

Basically you're not supposed to use a range of numbers with P_RandomRange that's wider than 65536 (you weren't supposed to even in 2.1.14 lol). It'll still work but now it prints a warning in the console when you do so. =V

What happens is when you have ranges larger than 65536 you still get 65536 possible results at most but spread out over your range, rather than including all options. This is not new to 2.1.15, it happened in 2.1.14 as well.

Last edited:
This is a warning message for P_RandomRange, so it's a problem with the Lua script.

Basically you're not supposed to use a range of numbers with P_RandomRange that's wider than 65536 (you weren't supposed to even in 2.1.14 lol). It'll still work but now it prints a warning in the console when you do so. =V

What happens is when you have ranges larger than 65536 you still get 65536 possible results at most but spread out over your range, rather than including all options. This is not new to 2.1.15, it happened in 2.1.14 as well.

weird i didnt get that message before that

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back