The Sea Egg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Foxhunt

Actual Skeleton
Hey, i'm a speedrunner of SRB2, but the Sea egg keeps screwing me over. Is there any way to know which of the 3 eggman clones is the real one?

The real Eggman is animated and the other two are much more round, it's actually really hard to tell just from a glance now that I think about it.

Only the real Eggman makes souds when shooting missiles. This makes it extremly easy for me and even easier when wearing a headset/headphones (like I always do).

Last edited:
Another one: The clones won't start shooting missles until the real Eggman appears. That makes it extremely easy to know if the center Eggman is the real one or not, because it always pops up before the others

I struggled to figure this out. They all kind of looked same to me there. Not to mention if you can not tell them apart then this level becomes nearly impossible to beat because if you hit the wrong one you fall into the water and usually almost always get shocked than.

If you used to use Jeck Jim's old Sea Egg MD2, you'll always know who eggman is because he is the only one of the three with a model! :P

Im pretty sure in a speedrun that'd be considered cheating. :P

I would consider it as cheating because you're using an advantage that is usaly not given in the normal game. And BTW I don't like MD2 models because they just don't fit into the game quite well in my opinion.

Cool! I'm a big fan of speedrunning but can't actually do it myself. I don't have any tips for you besides that the real Eggman is thinner, and has glasses.

That's great that you are getting into the Speed-run spirit. If you want to take a look at some IL paths/records, you can go to http://records.srb2.org and compare them. I'll be sure to watch this, too! And while I start watching this, I should remind you that spin-dashing is actually phenomenally fast! (Speed 92) Compared to Sonic's Thok (Speed 60) so use that to your advantage. Spin-dashing takes approximately 2 seconds to fully rev-up.

This is making me want to construct a whole topic based around Speed-run information and tactics!

I'll be sure to look at the Sea Egg and spot the differences.

ANYWAY, relating to the differences between IL and Marathon on Sea Egg... It's usually faster to just hope RNG works for you in IL, because it's time not spent thinking. But in a Marathon run, it's handy to spot the difference so that you don't have to redo a cycle.

I could offer you plenty of hints and tips for you, if you desire.

Last edited:
I realise the spindash is useful, as you see i fully utilise it with tails' fly ability.

Really we need to get discovering some glitches or exploits that'd make the run faster.

The only types of glitches you'd expect from srb2, is nocliipping through walls, which is a cheat. The levels are made well enough so you don't have in-level glitches.

As this is an actively developed project, we try to remove exploits as we find them. This is good for general play but obviously makes speedrunning more difficult.

There used to be a glitch in egg rock 2 which allowed you to bypass an outdoor section, but i think its been patched

You can bypass the miniboss in Egg Rock Zone 3 because the activation area can be skipped in one frame by a well-placed spindash.

I also discovered that the real Sea Egg has pretty precise aim, while the clones are a little off.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back