Kirby's Epic Yarn

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well the game is out now, and seeing as there isn't any people that talked about this game yet, I will give my first impressions of the game.

First off, this game is adorable, shamelessly so in fact. It is hard for me to NOT smile at the aww-dorableness of the game. The music is even adorable (at least so far), but it still feels like video game music.

The game itself so far is pretty easy, even for a kirby game. You can't die in this game, but you loose beads instead which help unlock certain stuff. I think if you are looking for decent challenge, this isn't the game for you. However it seems to make up for it by creative uses for yarn, and hidden areas if you want to 100% the game. I hear it takes about 6 hours to beat this game, so take that as you want to. It seems to take a bit for the game to get real interesting, since it wants to ease younger players into the game.

For me, it isn't the type of game I would want to play for hours on end, but it looks like it would be loads of fun while playing with my little kid neighbors or children I may babysit.

Conclusion? I would say that maybe epic isn't the word I would put in the game title, though that could be that I hate the word epic so much. I would probably call this Kirby's aww-dorable Yarn if anything. This seems to be geared more towards kids and maybe casual gamers. If you want to have a game that is fun, but doesn't take TOO much of your time, then I would recommend this game. If you are looking for a hardcore gaming experience though, this isn't that type of game. Of course, this is only my first impressions of the game, as I haven't completed it yet.

IGN praised almost every single aspect of this game and gave it a 9 out of 10 overall.
Sounds pretty good actually.

My sis is getting it for her birthday this weekend, so I suppose I'll be trying it out too, as that... Prince Fluff, or whatever his name is.

My dad IS going to US in about a month, I might tell him to buy that... But there are sooo many things I want to buy and I never get allowance!
1. Pokemon Ranger Guardian Signs before event missions are over, so this is ASAP
2. Sonic Colors, duh
3. Bionicle Heroes (Wii, lost my PC disc long time ago so I'm buying Wii one)
4. Spore Creepy & Cute expansion pack
and those are only for this year... Of course I want a 3DS and a few of its games as well. I really hope I can also buy Epic Yarn tough, since its Co-op.

....Sorry if my "look at me I'm freakin' poor and boo-hoo" list bored the hell out of ya...

I've played though the first two worlds already, and looks like I've gotten used to the adorable-ness since the first glimpse in E3. All I see is Yarn everywhere, with cute moves and scenery. But I still haven't said "awww!" at any point since I've started playing.

Ever since I had first seen the trailer, I've been thinking that this would be an awesomely fun game to play.

But... Eh. I've been spending enough money lately. Maybe I'll get it as a gift on Christmas.

The story is incredibly geared for children. The game seems to be the same, but IMO, getting 100% is actually a bit challenging. Not the greatest challenge ever, but it has its merits. The medal system is really easy to complete outside of boss fights. If you happened to get the 5 star card on the spinning wheel, that puts you up at least one medal right there.

Also, if anyone had not read on it, this is actually not a Kirby game. It was suppose to star Prince Fluff as an original game, but then was turned into a Kirby game.

I played this game for a bit, and it's cutesy all over. Also, has Kirby ever spoken words before this? I'm almost ashamed to think of this as a Kirby game. But hey, at least there are Fire Trucks.

Also, one cutscene caught my attention..

150px-KingDedede200px.jpg

You stand corrected.

What kind of hell is that?
It doesn´t mean its bad, but it must be easiest game EVER!

What kind of hell is that?
It doesn´t mean its bad, but it must be easiest game EVER!
Well, every-time you get hit. You supposedly miss out on bonuses and items that you need to 100% the game. That is the real challenge, doing a no-hit run.

Every time you "take damage", half of all the jewels you have spills out. You can still recollect them before they disappear, kind of like Sonic. The real hurt is falling down into pits, because a lot of those jewels will drop into it as the bird thing carries you back to a platform, so you can't recover those.

You don't spill the bonus items, though, just the jewel currency thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back