SRB2 - Now OpenGL incompatible!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Callum

Moderator Notice:
Split from another topic...

The only thing out of date is the OpenGL box. It's still incredibly useful for 2.0.

OpenGL still exists and works fine, therefore the OpenGL tickbox isn't out of date >_>

Last edited by a moderator:
OpenGL still exists and works fine, therefore the OpenGL tickbox isn't out of date >_>

srb20358.png

Yeah, perfect.

That's what I don't get. What broke fake floor support? It used to work fine before.

Indeed, OGL is actually less buggy, it's just that it lacks some things we use in Software.

Oh, I'm sorry, I thought this was the SRB2.org thread? Not the 'OpenGL Vs. Software' thread...

srb20358.png

Yeah, perfect.

I think the reason why it is like that is because that in 1.09.4 the spikes used small triangle sectors, but in 2.0 they are just lines. I was going to copy pasta the 1.09.4 version of the spikes, or at least remake them for 2.0 but never got around to it.

No, the spikes haven't changed. The texture pegging was being incorrectly handled in game, and so I fixed it. Except I only fixed the software renderer. OpenGL needs to be updated to correctly peg the textures.

No, the spikes haven't changed. The texture pegging was being incorrectly handled in game, and so I fixed it. Except I only fixed the software renderer. OpenGL needs to be updated to correctly peg the textures.

Show Renderism the red card, AJ!

What exactly was wrong, and what did you do to fix it? I remember Tets complaining about different effects of the unpeg flags in 2.0, but personally I've never encountered any issue (though I never really use Upper Unpegged).

That's not the only issue with OpenGL, I might add. An even bigger problem is the ability to see past the Thok Barrier if it shows the skybox (although it did that in 1.09.4, too). Here's a picture of that problem, as seen in GFZ1:

vhp4z.jpg

But other than that, I'm actually amazed how well OpenGL transferred. For example, MD2 is as good as ever, it has no issue with rendering PolyObjects, and it even supports screen fadeouts (something that the 1.09.4 OpenGL didn't do!)

Last edited:
2cy5qhy.png

Yeah. A pretty good view of GFZ2. So yeah, I like OpenGL way much more than the Software render.

Wait, I just noticed something. Why's the title of this thread "Now OpenGL incompatible"?

Call me dumb, but...
How do you get the 3D models to show? I already have an MD2 folder called "MD2" (no punctuation) and md2.dat and everything, and gr_md2 on...
Am I doing something wrong here?
By the way, I copied my md2 folder from 1.09.4.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yep, OpenGL works fine, that is... if you ignore these...
*The GFZ1 Spikes glitch was already showed.*
walwrr.png

211m0ap.png

30041oh.png

21jn69l.png

200sq50.png

*Might be more, but don't want post too many images.*

Anyway, I am more of as OpenGL User myself, but it was removed and I moved on with software mode.

*EDIT*
Stupid Fraps counter sneaking onto the images...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back