Records.SRB2.org - New Official Record Tracker (beta!)

Hmm, you were the one who set the WR for GFZ Act 1, and beaten Deadpool. But I am still in controll of GFZ Act 2. - 3 -

Don't worry, I've already fixed that too. And thanks for finding a new shortcut for Sonic. See, at least you've got the 2nd place: http://records.srb2.org/user.php?user=75

Strangely, I don't enjoy speedrunning boss stages. But with time, I'll get things done.

Last edited:
Hmm, you were the one who set the WR for GFZ Act 1, and beaten Deadpool. But I am still in controll of GFZ Act 2. - 3 -

I laugh at that word "beaten". Well it seems we have a tie in Sonic's time attack in GFZ 1. Dont worry that will change in a few and I'll take care of the other time attacks I didn't do yet.

Last edited:
I laugh at that word "beaten". Well it seems we have a tie in Sonic's time attack in GFZ 1. Dont worry that will change in a few and I'll take care of the other time attacks I didn't do yet.

That's the spirit!

I know that at least a 10.68 is possible in GFZ1 due to Mimoko's last run, and I'm working on it. My 10.80 is absolutely beatable.

When are more people gonna do full game runs? It'd be great to have some competition there.

I'm planning on making a global record, but the problem is that my sound recording is awful. Fraps doesn't seem to record the system sound properly, which makes the sound very choppy in the end. And I'm afraid that a long speedrun like this one without sound will turn out to be pretty boring to watch.

EDIT: I can't fix the sound problem. Guess I'll have to do a very, very fast run to keep the boredom away.

Last edited:
It's gone!!!

犬夜叉;747959 said:
Submit your replays and compare them with other players!
http://records.srb2.org/

Yeah... Apperently, the site is now taken down and the url is now replaced by Inu's Domain ~ Contents of SRB2/, which apparently looks like a file storage.

So, now the old SRB2 Records site is no longer there... Where did it go now?

Eh? It works fine for me. In fact I've been using it for ages to try to improve my own time attacks for the full game runs.

Yeah... Apperently, the site is now taken down and the url is now replaced by Inu's Domain ~ Contents of SRB2/, which apparently looks like a file storage.

So, now the old SRB2 Records site is no longer there... Where did it go now?

Site doesn't work again as of right now.

cPanel keeps setting up records.srb2.org as a redirect to inu.srb2.org for some dumb reason. I don't know why it insists on doing this, since it's obviously wrong, but I've gotten Logan's/Alam's attention so they can fix it again.

Until then, you can access the records site using http://alt.records.srb2.org/.

Not sure if something happened or not but whenever I go to my profile on Records, it says that I have 2nd or 3rd in something but when I go to view the level, I'm still ranked Number 1.
9GFlZ.png

9GFqZ.png
9GFrG.png

I forgot the user page existed and forgot to update it when changing stuff in the backend.

I have a little question about the global records. Sorry for my ignorance, but how do I add this to the screen? Every global SRB2 run that I've watched has this kind of time and level markers. Is it added manually, or is there an specific application that I must use?

EDIT: or is it an in-game function?

Last edited:
That's an external timer laid over in video editing. Pick any one from the Timers section on this page. (The one I used in that video is WSplit, but the other global records posted used LiveSplit.)

If you want to record it live over the footage, you'll need a recording program that supports that. I used Open Broadcaster Software set to record-only mode in my video, but that requires a lot of processing power to work even passably. If you need to, you can run the timer without recording it and then either rerecord the timing later to layer over the video in editing or... just omit it. It doesn't have to show up on the video. (That said, if you use a split timer but don't add it to the video, it may be a good idea to screenshot your final splits and link to that in the video description?)

I have a Lua script that automatically times the game from start to finish without counting loading times... but that'd be modifying the game, which isn't cool for time attacks. I'd like to look into having a formal "all levels" record attack mode in the game later on...

Last edited:
Guys, for some reason on Version 2.1.12, when you try to upload replays, you get this instead...

bUftiUf.png

Can someone help me with this problem?

EDIT: Oh, the replays are broken for 2.1.12... Guess I have to wait until it gets fixed.

I want to post a speed-run for Knuckles game complete, but I want a screen recording program that's easy on the computer (I don't have the best PC in the world) so that my game itself doesn't lag way too much and ruin my run. I also have Llanfair to aid in timing that I also want to record. If I can't, that's okay. I just want to get at least a recording.

I can recomand OBS (Open Broadcaster Software) for recording the footage and the timer at the same time. It is easy to understand and once you got the hang on that recorder it will be probably the most amazing recorder for you. I would like to give you a tutorial how to set it up but I currently can't because I'm not at home now and also im writing this from a netbook wich is super weak and can't even multitask. But otherwise there are also other tutorial videos on the Internet.

Dunno if this thing is being worked on anymore, but I ran into a small issue.

This page shows my THZ2 Sonic Score and Rings results to be in first place (which they are) but it also shows my THZ3 All-character Score and Rings results to be all in first place when they're not.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back