Records.SRB2.org - New Official Record Tracker (beta!)

K.S.

Formerly Inuyasha, Retired Staff
Submit your replays and compare them with other players!
http://records.srb2.org/ (main, preferred URL)
http://alt.records.srb2.org/ (alternate URL in case the first has issues)

Records.SRB2.org lets you submit replays from the game and compare all your best stats with everyone else! No new accounts required -- it uses your SRB2MB account. Feel free to submit even if you're not the best -- the system is designed so everyone can see how they rank up with everyone else, not just view the one best record!

The site is currently in beta, and not entirely finished, but most features are working.

Last edited:
Do note that all records were wiped for the release of 2.1.7 because the demo format changed, along with a lot of the maps.
Wow, good thing I uploaded some twenty replays to the wiki a few days ago, huh?

So even though I'm using the latest version of SRB2, trying to upload a time attack I initially did for a past version gave me this message.

Sorry! An error occurred while trying to upload your replay.

Sorry, we aren't accepting demos from this version. Use the latest release of SRB2.
Would I have to redo most of my time attacks just to upload them?

Can an SDL2 EXE be used for recording video-based records? Fraps can't record windowed Software on the main EXE and I won't be able to see my timer otherwise. I can use OBS but it has awful quality and tends to lag the game out a bit.

So I noticed the records listed on that site show the best score, time, and rings for all three characters. Is there a way to do that in the game? For the time attack page, it only shows the best overall score, time, and rings for whichever character got the best rank. I was thinking of doing time attacks on later stages with all three characters, but I'm not able to see the best results for all three characters.

Okay, using a screen recorder for NiGHTS records isn't working. Even though there's not much lag, what lag there is is way too much to get a good record on the stages. The twitchiness of NiGHTS gameplay is even worse than the regular game.

Anyone know of something that can convert massive GIFs into video?

Okay, using a screen recorder for NiGHTS records isn't working. Even though there's not much lag, what lag there is is way too much to get a good record on the stages. The twitchiness of NiGHTS gameplay is even worse than the regular game.

Anyone know of something that can convert massive GIFs into video?

AVS video converter can.

What would one recommend for good editing/video recording usage? (ie: One that can mix both SRB2 and WSplit/LiveSplit)

(Preferred something that doesn't cost, so using a torrent is out of the question)

So I noticed the records listed on that site show the best score, time, and rings for all three characters. Is there a way to do that in the game? For the time attack page, it only shows the best overall score, time, and rings for whichever character got the best rank. I was thinking of doing time attacks on later stages with all three characters, but I'm not able to see the best results for all three characters.

The game saves replays for all characters' bests individually. Just upload all of them.

Can an SDL2 EXE be used for recording video-based records? Fraps can't record windowed Software on the main EXE and I won't be able to see my timer otherwise. I can use OBS but it has awful quality and tends to lag the game out a bit.

What would one recommend for good editing/video recording usage? (ie: One that can mix both SRB2 and WSplit/LiveSplit)

(Preferred something that doesn't cost, so using a torrent is out of the question)

I'd just like to remind you that the external timer display is not a requirement, it's just preferred because it makes it much easier to check your proof. But, I wholly understand that some may have trouble recording both at the same time, which is why it's not a requirement.

Anyway, was that weird issue with Record Attack fixed in the 2.1.7 patch? Is that the reason the records were wiped?

Yes, that's exactly why.

Last edited:
And what about that "replay desyncs when touching a speed pad" bug?
And if the everything has been wiped, why can I still view a record attack replay I did in 2.1.4 or so, without problems, in 2.1.7?
I don't get it, I'm confused now.

JTE added compatibility for old demos.

But the other thing I noted still rings true; a good number of the single player maps were changed anyway.

Also, speed pads were never tested with the new system because no official map ever uses them.

Eugh. There goes any attempt at breaking my DSZ3 time of 34.20, as that demo is completely out of sync.

犬夜叉;748165 said:
But the other thing I noted still rings true; a good number of the single player maps were changed anyway.

I haven't been seeing anything; how subtle are these changes? (There was a path added in RVZ, and a button was fixed in CEZ2, but neither should change existing replays.)

This new record system is pretty good, it's a very well done job! I really don't mind having to do all my records again, at least now we have a not-boring record system... even though the system change wasn't the reason for the record wiping.

Last edited:
This new record system is pretty good, it's a very well done job! I really don't mind having to do all my records again, at least now we have a not-boring record system... even though the system change wasn't the reason for the record wiping.

Hmm, you were the one who set the WR for GFZ Act 1, and beaten Deadpool. But I am still in controll of GFZ Act 2. - 3 -

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back