• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

A little problem with sprites.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ah... You'll see... This will be short:

I'm currently working on a character wad, but when i got to try out the first sprites (specifically, the standing ones) i noticed that they were misplaced. With that i mean that the sprites were in a weird position, and i could only see the top of them, since they appeared at the bottom of the screen. Now, i would like to know if this will fix itself once i finish each and every sprite, and if not, then what can i do to correct this. I attached a picture of the problem and also the full sprite (which still lacks some shading and detail). I must also mention that i'm working with SLADE.

Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• srb20002.jpg
    srb20002.jpg
    124.4 KB · Views: 341
  • MARIA5.png
    MARIA5.png
    927 bytes · Views: 530
I think you have set the sprite offsets incorrectly or you haven't at all, try selecting the problematic sprites and in the preview area there should be a button in SLADE labeled "Modify Gfx Offsets", press that and set it to "Automatic Offsets" and "Monster".

I think you have set the sprite offsets incorrectly or you haven't at all, try selecting the problematic sprites and in the preview area there should be a button in SLADE labeled "Modify Gfx Offsets", press that and set it to "Automatic Offsets" and "Monster".

Oh, thanks. It worked perfectly. I don't remember reading about such thing in the Wiki, or maybe i just didn't notice it, but it won't cause anymore trouble. I guess i will give you credit for that.

Now, i'm getting another error. I'm trying to replace the thok trail sprite with a star trail, but it doesn't show the sprite. And then it prints an error message in the console about invalid sprite frames. I don't know how can i fix that, since i have already tried various things. What should i do?

(I know, i'm kinda hopeless)

Attachments

• srb20003.jpg
    srb20003.jpg
    188.1 KB · Views: 223
In the future, I would suggest opening a wad character like Jasper to see what the creator did compared to you, custom sprites outside of the player's sprites should be enclosed in a S_START and S_END marker.

Uhm... i'm feeling dumb because i don't know the basics of programming... Now i'm getting this... (Must note that the part about the missing '}' is something i solved instantly and is not something i need help with.) :

Attachments

• srb20004.jpg
    srb20004.jpg
    96.3 KB · Views: 668
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back