I was banned from the board?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MatheusRRR

I lost the ability to create threads like this, LUA and Wads.
Last year I created a topic and received an infraction. Because of the first post that I did I lost the ability to create topics? how can I solve this?

Reason: Do not ask others to make your mod for you.

You have to put your wads in the submissions thread, wait for a judge to judge your wad, and if it passes, it will be in releases, if not, check the rejected submissions.

Everyone has to go through the submissions system before release. Even the judges do. Even the admins do. It's a way to keep the releases section from being flooded with stuff like "bob the hedgehog (sonic recolor).wad" and "GFZ1 and 2 lazily mashed together with tag conflicts.wad". (Both examples from actual submissions.) It's nothing against anyone, particularly not you specifically.

Off-Topic: Did you REALLY have to remind me of my old piece of shit Doun?

On-Topic: Like they said: you have to go through submissions. If it's just like a sprite rip, it be rejected. (Am I right?) If it's something original it it be accepted.

Since 2.1 came out, sprite rips have gotten more tolerable since they're usually accompanied by interesting gameplay and mechanics not normally found in SRB2. Regardless, the main thing the judges look for in custom content is the effort put into said custom content. Sprite rips were originally considered something effortless and not worth playing because the creator wouldn't have done anything else but copy and paste sprites into a wad. Nowadays, as long as there is effort in making something interesting, original, or unique to play, it can still get out into Releases as long as you actually put it in Submissions first. This is true even if the content in question isn't particularly nice looking, either.

But yes, you should still be able to submit your creation to the Submissions forum and if the judges are happy with what you've made, it'll be put into Releases for everyone to enjoy and/or criticize. If they weren't particularly okay with what you made and scrapped it, they'll give you a reason as to why and from there you can improve on whatever it is that needs fixing.

Also if you haven't read the rules, do so to avoid being infracted for submitting something against said rules just to be on the safe side.

Last edited:
I still remember what the Releases board was like before the system was put in place. (They implemented it shortly before 2.0's debut.) Some maps and characters refused to work, it was awful. Sometimes, it'd take me half an hour to find anything that looked and played decently.

Nowadays, the Judges make sure add-ons work as intended before their initial release, and keep the Releases board clean of entire pages of broken junk. If you have a problem with it, you clearly have no idea what kind of public toilet it was before the Submissions board existed.

Your own stuff will make it through, as long as it works, so don't sweat it. That's all the board is there for, like a Quality Assurance team.

Do you want to see a unfinished edit of Sonic to look like Bean The Dynamite? No. I don't think so.

Or, we could just use one of your Duons instead.
But really, MatheusRRR. I think you're being sort of immature about this. The only reason you'd dislike this would be because you can't create anything worthy of submissions.

Everyone has to go through the submissions system before release. Even the judges do. Even the admins do.
I mean, technically we don't, but we do anyway because circumventing the system like that because we're somehow "special" is a terrible, terrible idea.

the rule of stupidity.

Yeah, how DARE those admins not accept badly done content? Now how am I going to submit my Sonic recolors and overpowered Lua abilities?!

On a serious note, let me make this simple for you. You post your creation in the Submissions forum, and after that:

If it's good, it gets accepted.
If it isn't good, it gets rejected.

This is to avoid getting effortless content from getting into the site's releases, and it's certainly for the best. Before this system was implemented, I remember there being a lot of trash WADs that were someone's badly done edits in general, and really uninteresting maps.

If any creation of yours gets rejected, chances are because your content isn't any good to begin with, and/or doesn't offers anything interesting for the gameplay. So all I can say is... to at least try to put some actual work into your WADs.

Just to make sure that there is zero confusion, quality isn't really what determines a WAD worthy of submissions. It's more of "does your WAD run", "does your WAD have any stolen content", and "does your WAD have any effort put into it".

This means a custom level worked on for a couple months will likely go through no problem (even if it has a lot of terrible design choices), but a character that uses sprites from Sonic Advance and was thrown together in under a day won't go through.

I participate in various forum games and programming. None of them i see silly little rules like that. (qsifolda ah todus)

There are far worse than ours. Have you ever seen Osu's process for getting a map ranked? They have incredibly strict requirements on how long a map can be, what you are and aren't allowed to do in it, and the level of polish and completeness a map has. It makes it incredibly difficult to get into creating maps, but the end user gets assurance that anything they download is of at least decent quality. (Well, subjectively speaking; I'm not a fan of how many ridiculous stream maps get through.)

By comparison, our only requirements are that your file isn't a total waste of time. The only purpose of this is so that finding something to play in Releases doesn't mean sifting through loads of unplayable garbage (and potentially material inappropriate for our community's age group - yes, it has happened before) to find something to play; we try not to go around enforcing strict quality rules because we get that some people enjoy different things than others. If you don't like our releases system, you're free to disregard it and post your WADs elsewhere.

Why are we all wasting time explaining the same thing, in different words, to a highly persistent user who would prioritize convenience to lazy/incompetent producers of broken or stolen content over actual compatibility with the game? I had assumed Mystic locked the topic with his post.

Methinks the OP doesn't know these forum's history, let alone why smilies are STILL disabled to this day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back