• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

Help with my stage

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kim the Fox!!!

What am I doing here?
Hello, guys, here I want to show my first level in SRB2. Beta. It's doesn't even have a name, it's bad made. There are some bugs and glitches in the level that I can't fix. Please take a look and tell me how to fix then.
testlevel.wad
Thank you for all help.
P.S.: The lake has no colormap, but I will fix it.

How are we supposed to fix stuff if you're not even saying what's wrong? Besides, the link is invalid.

It is wrong and I said that I'll fix, you just say what is wrong. And if the link is invalid, by accident I put the wad on Soc's sectors. It's Fawfulfan 4Shared account.

It's doesn't even have a name, it's bad made. There are some bugs and glitches in the level that I can't fix. ...........................................
P.S.: The lake has no colormap, but I will fix it.

I think you allredy said what the problems are: No name, I'll play it and maybe I'll help you with that, cause if I dont know how it looks, I simply can't.
"It's bad made": Put some more effort to it.
If there are some bugs that you can't fix, you can either replace the things or rooms that makes the glitches.
And lastly, there's something you can do which I think is easiest= add a colormap to the lake.

Well, it is like 2 AM for me... So actually I'll test it later...

It is wrong and I said that I'll fix, you just say what is wrong.
That's not how it works. You either tell us what is wrong and we'll try to fix it, or we won't do nothing at all. Also, could you please fix the link? I don't want to look through Fawfulfan's whole 4shared account just to find it.

There are many. Look:
1: Climb one of the floating platforms. You will see a hall of mirrors.
2: Enter the lake. The colormap is missing.
3: Enter the last area, the one behind the Crawlas and turn around. The previous room's floor flat is over the iron ground.
4: At the beginning, look up. There will be a piece on the ceiling with and weird F_SKY1 texture.
There it is.

1: Climb one of the floating platforms. You will see a hall of mirrors.
Your thok barrier has a floor flat of F_SKY1. That means the game tries to render the sky of the floor of the walls surrounding your level, which makes no sense. Give it another texture, such as GFZFLR01.

2: Enter the lake. The colormap is missing.
You put the color code as the middle front texture instead of the upper front texture.

3: Enter the last area, the one behind the Crawlas and turn around. The previous room's floor flat is over the iron ground.
That's because Sector 0 is unclosed. If you highlight it in sectors mode, you will notice that the linedef where the indoors area begins doesn't turn yellow. That's because its front side is part of sector 7, even though it should be part of sector 0. You can fix that by selecting the linedef, going into the sidedefs tab, and put "0" in the "Sectors" box for the front side. Leave the sectors box for the back side as it is.

4: At the beginning, look up. There will be a piece on the ceiling with and weird F_SKY1 texture.
Then just remove those textures. They are the middle front textures on the lake sector.

Another thing I noticed is that the grass borders can only be seen from one side. You must give both the front side and the back side of the linedefs a middle texture. Also the linedefs around the lake need grass borders too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back