• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

Best of the OLDC

Status
Not open for further replies.

clairebun

Community Noise Maker
Sonic Team Junior
This is the editing topic for the series of wads known as "Best of 200x". The goal here is to create compilations of the best levels to appear in the level design contests. Once all years have been completed, a total compilation of all maps will be built into one wad. Until then, I'll be releasing the "Best Of" in wads based on the year the maps occurred. Only a couple packs are available, but more are soon to come.

Best of 2003
Release Date: January 16th, 2009

Best of 2004
Release Date: October 20, 2008

Best of 2005
Preview
Release Date: November 16, 2008

Best of 2006
Release Date: January 16, 2009

Best of 2007
Release Date: TBA

Best of 2008
Release Date: TBA

Watch our bandwidth, remember, we don't want to use up all 300gb.

That's true. I'll host this on sapphirecontrol.com once I get that back up.

I'm still considering that, but we will probably include them in separate wads in a zip, unless someone wants to put the effort of reworking some of the SP levels to be in one wad.

Now I can host these on my server, since the default maps are getting really old.

I'm not even sure how many people even want this, it seems like no one cares about it.

The entire srb2.org is down. THE SYSTEM IS DOWN, DODOO DODOO DO

Conicpp: If OLDCs of 2005 have SP maps, then you might be in luck. It looks like the 2003 maps need plenty of tweaking to work properly in 1.09.4, so I've changed plans slightly, and I'll be working on 2005 before 2003.

Not right now, though... Homework's kicking me in the nuts, so that's my main focus this week.

EDIT: Wonderful, minutes after I make a Strong Bad reference, the server comes back up.

Homework captures almost every single person by the 1337th totally unknown element of surprisium.

This sounds pretty good. You promise, none of the n00b levels, right? *worst OLDC levels topic appears*

A Worst Of wouldn't be very popular, would it? ;)

All levels 7.0 and above will appear in the Best Of. If there aren't enough of a rotation for ten maps, the rotation will be filled in by the next highest maps (given that they are a 6.0 or above).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back