• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

Plasma Grave Zone v0.0.0.2

Status
Not open for further replies.

blahblahbal

Act 3 FTW!!
Plasma Grave Zone is a level I've been thinking about making for a long time, and I finally have a small area of it(it's mapz1). Here it is: http://www.mediafire.com/file/yqndhjm21yj/PGZ.wad. Try it out and see what you think. The yellow water is supposed to be plasma. (yes I know it's kind of short; it's only about 1% done right now) It's not very good yet, though. In fact, you guys probably will think it's horrible. But have hope(and I need some luck for this to turn out good), it will(I hope) be better!

Last edited:
1. It's ugly. You have only one wall texture and that is pretty boring. The floor in the "plasma" is also ugly.
2. The ring drainer is pointless because it doesn't kill you.
3. There are no springs in the water.
4. The rest consists of empty hallways. As usual.

Honestly, throw this away and try to make a stage that actually has something in it.

1. It's ugly. You have only one wall texture and that is pretty boring. The floor in the "plasma" is also ugly.
2. The ring drainer is pointless because it doesn't kill you.
3. There are no springs in the water.
4. The rest consists of empty hallways. As usual.

Honestly, throw this away and try to make a stage that actually has something in it.
Well, I don't want to be rude, but IT'S ONLY ABOUT 1 FREAKING PERCENT DONE!!! As in, I'll be fixing the plasma, the floor in the plasma(it's only a place holder so it doesn't REDWALL), putting in springs, making the ring drainer kill you, and expanding the hallways into rooms. Also, it's supposed to be ugly; it's a GRAVE.

Last edited:
Well, I don't want to be rude, but IT'S ONLY ABOUT 1 FREAKING PERCENT DONE!!! As in, I'll be fixing the plasma, the floor in the plasma(it's only a place holder so it doesn't REDWALL), putting in springs, making the ring drainer kill you, and expanding the hallways into rooms. Also, it's supposed to be ugly; it's a GRAVE.
Then don't submit crap like this when it's not even remotely done. Really, what were you expecting? And since when are graves ugly?

Well, sort of, but I haven't gotten very far(duh) yet so any suggestions for changing the wall texture? Do the custom texures look good, or...?

Blahblahbal, I'm getting sick of you releasing obviously incomplete zones. For the love of God, at least insert a functioning End Level Sign.

As far as the stage itself goes, there's obviously not much going on to critique yet, but I'm gonna say that the color scheme (maroonish-red, teal-blue, bright yellow) is different, but it could work. And your decision to have the yellow pools slowly siphon rings is unusual, but they're great to encourage the player to get through them as fast as possible. Also, remember to add springs to the pools so that Sonic can get out of them.

So, I guess this is what's replacing Mystical Heavens, eh?

Last edited:
Blahblahbal, I'm getting sick of you releasing obviously incomplete zones. For the love of God, at least insert a functioning End Level Sign.
Ha ha, whoops, well this is only, well, maybe v0.0.0.0.0.1, so, next one's going to have that in it.

As far as the stage itself goes, there's obviously not much going on to critique yet, but I'm gonna say that the color scheme (maroonish-red, teal-blue, bright yellow) is different, but it could work. And your decision to have the yellow pools slowly siphon rings is unusual, but they're great to encourage the player to get through them as fast as possible.

Also, remember to add springs to the pools so that Sonic can get out of them.
Yes, adding springs and all that.

Ha ha, whoops, well this is only, well, maybe v0.0.0.0.0.1, so, next one's going to have that in it.
That's not the point. The point is that your releases simply don't have anything in them. Don't release a level until about 50% are done.

Yes, but I just made a slight adjustment that took about 1 minute and thought I would just put it out there. Didn't mean to make you angry.

See, that's the problem. You spend an insignificant amount of time working on your stages and think that merits an update. If the people who work for weeks or months on their stages were to release an update every minute, we'd get pissed at them, too.

Here's my challenge to you: Work on Plasma Grave for a week and then show us what you've got.

See, that's the problem. You spend an insignificant amount of time working on your stages and think that merits an update. If the people who work for weeks or months on their stages were to release an update every minute, we'd get pissed at them, too.

Here's my challenge to you: Work on Plasma Grave for a week and then show us what you've got.
Ok then. I'll do that.

You really shouldn't use such a ridiculous version number like that.

Usual software versions would normally be something like "Major.Minor.Bugfix". Sometimes it might be beneficial to use 4 different categories of versions, but I don't think I can think of a practical way to use 6.

For SRB2 wads, you should look at http://mb.srb2.org/announcement.php?f=68&a=3. That will tell you a good way to have version numbers that make sense.

Last edited:
Okay, you clearly have absolutely no idea the amount of effort required to make a stage, so I'm going to spell it out as bluntly as possible so you get a clue.

Levels are not made in an afternoon. Lemme compare your stage to GFZ1 from SRB2DB:

gfz1_db.png
gfz1_db.png

pgz_db.png

pgz_db.png

One of these maps clearly has absolutely no effort put into it whatsoever, and it's plain as day which one it is. I will note that GFZ1 is considered "too simple" by most and is simply a tutorial level without the tutorial. Here is a shot of a more interesting level, ACZ1:

acz1_db.png
acz1_db.png

The difference here is obvious. Put forth some actual effort in your level design; nobody wants to play this garbage.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back