• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

Secluded Sky *UPDATED*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I disliked the outside area after the teleport. It felt very small and was annoying, plus the diagonal spring and the diagonal rings need to have the same x and y positons. Please scale up the outside area.

The level is gorgeous aesthetically, but suffers terribly at scaling consistency. We have some well spaced rooms and others, absurdly undersized.

* The Aerial Garden-like room could very well be enlarged 100%. Paths should have, in my opinion, 512 FU wide.

* Teleporters could be 200% bigger.

* The stair near Sector #349 needs to be enlarged 200%

* It would be nicer if you remove the Gradient Ceiling from the stair near Sector 464.

hmmm, try this: http://ezerarch.uuuq.com/files/ssz-somethingmore.zip

EDIT:

Other "things":

* No blind deathpits, please: deathpits must be large enough to be seen. Sometimes I confuse whether what I'm seeing is just a step/small rift or a deathpit. The stair near Sector #405 tricked me. X.x

* The west-most room is crowded with enemies.

* Your level made me remind my Miscellaneous Trip Zone: more than one theme in one level. It's possible to blend themes at once, but your level needs a better transition between themes... or else, try to follow a theme consistency.

Last edited:
Thanks Ezer, I appreciate the advice.

-Edit-

I've increased the size of those stairs, and I'm going to try to stick to a consistent theme now.

Last edited:
I think the holes in the floor should be removed. They kill the flow.
This level still feels bland. There's an awful lot of running, and the platform isn't fun. Try making some platforms move, or move up and try to crush you when you jump on them.
The detail's pretty nice, however.

The section where the hall way ends will lead to more AGZ like platforming, and I'll try to add in some crushers.

I like the way this level is going so far. It just needs more elements to add to the gameplay, pretty much like Kyasarin said. The detail is great and I'll be watching to see what this level becomes. I have hope for it, personally.

If you jump outta the window in the final room, (yeah im dunb) you don't die.

Keep up the good work!

If you're a dumb, I am too. I did it when I was testing the map.

BTW, what are the testers for?
For being dumb? I guess so, because when I am, I find many glitches. =P

EDIT: And another thing, try making it easier to find the entrance to the cave area. Mabye you could use something like that for an emreald token location...

Last edited by a moderator:
ehh, i have more clever places for emmy tokens ;P. also, i'll add death pits to those windows. And im excited, with you guys are saying :D i never thought that my level would make people hope for the final version! thanks for all the support and help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back