What`s going on with Youtube?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Youtube sank. It has blown up, and it is dead, for now.
REVIVE IT WITH CPR! *shot*
Really, it's down. It'll probably be up by tonight, but, I'm just guessing/

Sumakima said:
Youtube sank. It has blown up, and it is dead, for now.
REVIVE IT WITH CPR! *shot*
Really, it's down. It'll probably be up by tonight, but, I'm just guessing/
I said:
Let`s hope so.
If Youtube stays down forever, I`m gonna go crazy.

Edit: It`s working again!

Every time I try to watch a video on youtube my internet freezez, and in order for me to get online again, I have to reboot my computer.
Other than that I have no trouble getting on.

Ok, I figured it out.
You see, Pakistan was offended by some of the content on youtube, and wanted the youtube feed to stop going to Pakistan. Instead, they (accidentally?) blocked the site worldwide by "cutting a few cables" as the press said.

The story went something like that, correct me if I'm wrong.

IZ BECUASE GOOGLE SCUKS AT OPREATION!! *Shot*

But seriously, ever since Google took over YouTube, It's been having all sorts of problems. From having videos deleted (And angering users) to having periodic crashes.

And That's Why I use Megavideo.

Say, I would, but it's blocked.

OpenDNS: THIS SITE IZ TEH INNPORPAITE ADN IS NTO ALLWOED ON THIS NETORWK!!

Peh, Megavideo is about as "INNAPORPAITE" As YouTube is, yet YouTube isn't blocked. HMMMM..

Uhh, dude.

First, YouTube's outages have nothing to do with Google. There have been many, many maintenance periods even before they were bought by Google (who run their servers using Linux, by the way). Secondly, YouTube only removes videos because they're legally obligated to, and that's due to how popular the site is, not due to Google. They would have had to pay Viacom one billion if they hadn't taken down numerous videos (some of which were actually innocent, but hey, that's capitalism for you).

On the whole blocking thing, YouTube is generally work-safe. Inappropriate videos are usually flagged and either removed or hidden from minors. Hence why it isn't blocked. DailyMotion, on the other hand, has some inappropriate videos that show up on the front page. This is likely the case with MegaVideo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back