Not open for further replies.
Hello Guys

I'm from Brazil and I need help

It seems that BuilderSRB2 has a problem or the SRB2

When I try to create a map, always have this problem below

srb20006.png

P.S: I also want to apologize for who I offended. I was very stressed

Oh, hello Marcelo. Brazilian here too.

Just for you to know, that screenshot doesn't show much. I guess it's a thok barrier problem. Hop on the Wiki and you should find out the answer.

Off-topic: Another thing. If necessary, I think I'm gonna translate Tortured Planet first and better. If you wanna support, feel welcome.

Hello there, new designer !
Yes, it's not very detailed... This problem is called the "Hall of Mirrors".
Usually, this problem occurs if :
- A wall doesn't has a texture ;
- If you go outside the level, this means...if your player is in a wall. Like Kim said, your Sonic maybe entered into the thok barrier. A thok barrier works if its ceiling and floor value are the same.

If you still have some troubles, here some infos : http://wiki.srb2.org/wiki/Hall_of_Mirrors#Hall_of_Mirrors

Yes, you should check the wiki and check out the SRB2 Doom Builder Tutorial.

There you should have all the answers that you need.

And of course, check the link that Internet Explorer Posted.

I am designing a Ctf level and every time I test my wad I have a "No deathmatch start in this map - shifting to player starts to avoid crash..." error I do not know why this is occurring sense my "Typeoflevel" is set to 16 and I test my wad in Ctf. Anyway to fix this problem?

P.S My "mainconfig" is
levelname RainbowForest
level f1
act = 0
musicslot = 45
nextlevel = 83
typeoflevel = 16
weather = 0
skynum = 1
~Thanks

Marcelo make sure you made the thok barrier correctly. If the thok barrier is not the problem then make sure your map isn't too big. Excessive size in maps tend to create the problem you mentioned above.
I recall having similar problems with multiple parts of a map I am currently working on. I would you usually get the HOM effect while I looked at a wall with a thok barrier. What I did was make a sector outside the thok barrier where I would normally see the problem in the map and I'd give it Ceiling and Floor heights of 4000. This solved my HOM problem right away. You could give this a try if you keep having trouble.

On a side note. To Blast: The problem isn't with the Level Header. The problem is with the number of player starts in your map. Make sure you have the right number of blue team and red team starts and make sure to add a Player 01 start and a Match Player start in the map somewhere. This is just to make sure you're map doesn't crash in case you, for example, play the Match Gametype on the CTF map of yours.

The "levelheader" is also not working just to throw that out. I do not understand in all of my other levels it works just fine. Weird right?

Last edited:
Not really. It has to do with you not putting things in the right format.

Level F1 has to be FIRST, as that is what tells the game that a level header follows. Also, "LevelName" is a field just like everything else, and needs an =. Also, make sure there is a blank line at the end after the header.

Look at the sample header in the Level Header article on the Wiki: http://wiki.srb2.org/wiki/Level_Header#Sample

Hello. Today I bring a problem that I have been trying to fix for a long. When I add the sector affected "Blue Team Base/Red" and put the flag on the sector the flag starts underneath the FOF. I have been trying to solve for a little while now.
~Thank's

Hello. Today I bring a problem that I have been trying to fix for a long. When I add the sector affected "Blue Team Base/Red" and put the flag on the sector the flag starts underneath the FOF. I have been trying to solve for a little while now.
~Thank's
Here's what I do when I want certain things on FOFs. First, right click on the thing to bring up its properties. Second, under the coordination box, there should be something that says, "Z Height:". Then, type in what the FOF's ceiling height is but 5-36 taller than the FOF's height. After that you can ether test the game out and see if you like where the thing is or check it by using SRB2 Doom Builder 2 in GZDoom Visual Mode (I prefer to do that). Hope this helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back