Movie start help

Status
Not open for further replies.

mikey6018

Also *Dragoon*The*Dragon*
Well when you put the command start movie and whatever it is you want to record it saves it as a png once you put stop movie why? And how do I open it?(I alreafy know about fraps but it doesnt work for some reason.)

That command is sorta a joke, really. What it does is take a screenshot of the game every tic, so you can make an animated GIF out of them.

That command is sorta a joke, really. What it does is take a screenshot of the game every tic, so you can make an animated GIF out of them.
But its only one file how do you take out all of the pics to make it a gif?

STARTMOVIE hasn't saved a mass of screenshots ever since 2.0's introduction. It instead creates an APNG, which you need to view in a browser like Firefox.

I don't know why it's not saving to an animated GIF anyway, it would make it take up less space and be easier to view, since APNGs aren't very well supported...

That command is sorta a joke, really.
Excuse me? What's the difference between saving a thousand images / an APNG and saving uncompressed video? STARTMOVIE is perfect for creating a high-quality recording which can then be uploaded to YouTube, for instance.

犬夜叉;710091 said:
STARTMOVIE hasn't saved a mass of screenshots ever since 2.0's introduction. It instead creates an APNG, which you need to view in a browser like Firefox.
If you disable PNG, STARTMOVIE goes back to the old behavior of just saving a BMP screenshot every frame.

犬夜叉;710091 said:
I don't know why it's not saving to an animated GIF anyway, it would make it take up less space and be easier to view, since APNGs aren't very well supported...
Probably because it was only thought of after implementing PNG screenshots in general. And a GIF should NEVER be smaller than an 8-bit PNG equivalent, since GIF is uncompressed and PNG is not.

You can use the console variable APNG_DISABLE to make it spit out lots of static PNGs instead of a single APNG, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back