The internet speed comparison thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

MellowJacket

The unreliable judge
http://www.speedtest.net/wave/b5accb8d0a200947?

So, during a discussion comparing internet speeds on the irc chat using speedtest.net, I created a speedwave on that website to make comparisons easier. That and the old connection comparison topic was out dated and I figured if a reboot was in order, a bump might not do the trick as this speedwave feature is so very handy for comparing connections.

You don't need to register to use the speedwave, you only need to register if you want your connection results to have a username attatched or if you want to make a speedwave yourself. So knock yourself out.

Well... I have somewhat owned most of you. .. I mean, all of you.
90.53 Mb/s DL / 53.63 Mb/s UL

150Mbps DL / 100Mbps UL as offered by ISP. I do get those speeds at daytime, it's 11:28 PM here now.
Check the speedwave.

Well... I have somewhat owned most of you. .. I mean, all of you.
90.53 Mb/s DL / 53.63 Mb/s UL

150Mbps DL / 100Mbps UL as offered by ISP. I do get those speeds at daytime, it's 11:28 PM here now.
Check the speedwave.

I hate you. I _REALLY_ hate you. ;_;

I hate you. I _REALLY_ hate you. ;_;

Heh. I get that often.
Also, my Internet connection would cost.. mmm... $16.5 in American dollars.
I love making people on other places on Earth want to eat themselves of jealousy.
That's why I tell them to come here. Much cheaper PC parts, much better Internet, much better everything. :) That's why I laugh in anyone's face when I hear that America/UK/SouthAmerica/Eastern Asia/Antarctica/Southern Africa/Australia/Oceania is awesome.

Then again, I have a question. Why do I lag like hell with more than 6 players on my 100Mbps upload connection?
SRB2 sure has the worst multiplayer coding ever... When I can host hundreds of players on SA-MP without much lag. :(

Last edited:
Everybody hates our connection here on campus. I don't know why, its quite an improvement for me because I live in the country otherwise. Maybe its not good enough to play multiplayer or watch longer movies or anything, but its good enough for youtube and the sites that I frequent.

People hate THAT connection?

Not good enough for multiplayer or longer movies?

What kind of gigantic-resolution movies do you watch?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back