Announcing: Sonic Magixen

Status
Not open for further replies.

JiMinitaur

I mean lets face it, SRB2 cool as it is, is based on Doom, and Doom is your granpappy's FPS. Even when it came out, people realized it needed a little something more. Unfortunately, SRB2 has inherited every bit of that.

We all know its the truth, love SRB2 as we may, but rest assured, those in the know and with the skill to make it happen aren't denying that Area 51 exists anymore. There is a plan. It's in motion; and its time for you to get involved.

And so, with pleasure, I've been given the honor of announcing the newest addition to the ultimate sonic fan game family:

Sonic Magixen

It's gonna be just like Hexen only with Sonic.

In reality its only an update to the engine and a new set of level packs, but don't let that get you down. What looks on paper like minor updates is going to add a whole new level to an already incredible platform:

Most of the work is already done. Just a couple small points need to be taken care of:

1) Classes: We've already got the three characters so this part is sort of obvious. There is still some debate as to who will be what, but rest assured, 1 is going to be totally useless so advanced players and save crazy farmers have something to do.

2) Green Potions: Everybody will use green potions in a different, but equally useless way. So far, we only have the Mage's SBD fart drop, but more are coming.

3) Work on the porkinator is underway, but as a perfunctory thrill, it's still low on the priority. Any soul brave to tackle it before we get to it can snag himself an entry on the credit screen.

4) As to be expected. Players will have to go back and forth between the same levels a bajillion times to flip switches. While the automap has been disabled in SRB2 to help increase confusion, work is still underway on making sure no player will have any idea what the hell he is doing. WADers are encouraged to get cracking on the task themselves, but don't upload any protypes just yet. As soon as the beta release is ready, we'll be holding an obfuscated level WAD contest. You can blow your WAD then.

5) THE BRUTAL TUNE-UP. Obviously, More brutal must be added to every aspect of the game. Guns and thokking are both cool, but nothing screams awesome like Sonic beating a centaur lizard in the face with a spiked club or a pair of metal knuckles (no pun intended). Since this is the make it or break it aspect, this is where we really need the community to get involved. Submit anything and everything you can think of to the board. We need concept art, textures, enemies, weapons, ambient noise, vore manga, fanfic, the works. If you've got brutal sonic ideas, uncle sam wants you. Everything down to the animal sprites needs a tune up.

6) PolyObjects, but don't you worry about that now, Miss Daisey, SSNtails has got your old southern ass covered

I'd like to be the first to say that I think the team is really on to something, and I'm glad I could do my part. I'm not going to take full credit for the idea, because it was really Mystic's, but I sorta put it in his ear, and that's enough for me.

As for you, here's what you do to help.

1)Whip out your WAD authors and ZDOOMs, download hexen.wad and start getting into the mentality of the game. Ask yourself serious questions, like whose the cleric, tails or knuckles. What does robotnik look like on a giant serpent? What kind of ultimate weapon should sonic wield? DAMN IT JIM; WE'RE DOCTORS NOT NEIL GAIMEN. Only you can ensure creative input, and only the public can veto dumb ideas. Its time to come together, right now, over me (sorry that word combo always chains for me).

2) Level WADers, start getting ready for the BLOW YOUR WAD: OBFUSCATED LEVEL CONTEST in August (may be delayed depending on development time.) Remember switches three maps away is name of the game. Try to get as many falling floors and bizarre gritty textures in there as well.

2) Those of you who actually know how to make character WADs need to get cracking. Play with ideas, get 'em up on the board, and lets get some in game footage. This is not time to play around. The less on the ball you are the longer the game takes to come out.

3) Work is under way to port some of the classic enemy AI and textures, but in the meantime, we need ya'll to start working on some new foes. The more foes we get from the board, the more time we have to work on the bosses. I'm not gonna spill any beans, but if all goes according to plan you just might get to fight a certain older than time behomoth from the mines of Moriah. That's if we have time; so do your part.

LIKE I SAID, we're doing are part now its time to do yours. Even if you can't help out with the technicalities, its time to show your support.

This is gonna be why we can have nice things.

We've already got enough features in SRB2, not even counting what's supposed to be in SRB2ME. All we need is slopes, then we'll have everything.

I'm also working on a fangame. It has realtime parallax mapping support in a software based render--

I just realized this is already a joke topic. Nevermind.

I mean it with all my heart.

Obviously you should whip out an original copy if you have it, but if you can't you have to make due.

It's better to have loved inappropriately then to never have loved at all.

JiMinitaur said:
I'm not going to take full credit for the idea, because it was really Mystic's, but I sorta put it in his ear, and that's enough for me.

Lolwut. While SRB2 match is getting a massive overhaul, it is a different overhaul then what you are saying.

Locked for ridiculous claims, as well as no proof that project is actually started.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back