Who's getting a DSi?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dr.Pepper said:
Ghost_Zero said:
Unless you own the games themselves.
Even if you own the original game, that doesn't give you the right to download a ROM/ISO image of it, because you're technically taking someone else's copy.
The ROM has to be a dump of your own original, otherwise it's 100% illegal, no exceptions. Although AFAIK, that mainly applies to the USA.

Unfortunately, the technology to do so remains out of the hands of the people that could do the most good with it. Imagine all the people having to buy toothpaste twice a month, just so they can play their copy of Spyro the Dragon for the PS1 or Sonic Shuffle for the Dreamcast. It's stupid. Information must be free, and the government is too influenced by these annoying as hell corporate asshats who think they are better than the people being represented. This is why I like the PSN or the Virtual Console: You still pay for the classics, but you can play them without the necessary media, which is the main reason people emulate: they lack access to the original hardware.

DSi means new updates when connecting the DS to Wifi. Updates means new firmware that can block flash cartridges. So in a way, DSi = PSP.

And if you want to watch videos, the DS will just play them in low quality. I can't confirm that, since I haven't bothered reading any articles regarding the DSi.

Re: DSi

visualboy64 said:
I can't get a DSi because it does not have a GBA slot and I dont like the colors

Do the colors really entirely make a game console/handheld?

I mean, I'd settle for a green or something but I'm fine with the black and blue they have.

SonicX8000 said:
Even though I have a DS Lite, which broke 2 times. I don't have a Camera, a Cell Phone with a Camera (Only a normal Cell.), or a Music Player (Even though I hardly listen to music.), so I got myself the DSi.

The DSi should be quite useful for me, as sometimes, if I have a field trip to somewhere (Basicly at school or some family trip.), aleast in the Car/Bus/etc. I have something to take pictures as I'm there and all, and also I have something to play to past the time, if were not doing anything major, like staying at the hotel room or something.

DSi has less battery life than the original and the lite cause of it's many features in work. So unless you buy a car charger, enjoy seeing red every hour and a half(?)

Im not saying don't get it, but besides a camera & mic, if you want to pass time playing without worrying about battery life, keep the lite for games.

Uh, I remember saying I want it. But I'm actually really disappointed in this. It offers no good upgrades, And it takes away important stuff. And they tack on more money? The GBA slot was one of the best features on the DS! Also I was hoping for a more advanced handheld. Its been almost five years since the PSP came out and the graphics are still not as good!

Autosaver said:
Uh, I remember saying I want it. But I'm actually really disappointed in this. It offers no good upgrades, And it takes away important stuff. And they tack on more money? The GBA slot was one of the best features on the DS! Also I was hoping for a more advanced handheld. Its been almost five years since the PSP came out and the graphics are still not as good!

Im pretty sure i've seen some games from here and japan that put the DS's graphics to their limit that make them look like PSP games. Graphics don't seem to be the problem for this handheld, just the game itself at times.

Autosaver said:
^What I meant is improvements to graphics. As the DSi seems to be the same. Why dish in extra money for short battery life and same graphics? PSP still beats DS no matter what game you put. And I don't think the DS can do this either.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yEJsRz2Ck7A&feature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l6ZaSipHuO4
The game play graphics are good for me as they are able to run an ZOE styled game. and for good DS/gba CGI, SEE FF3 FF4 KH COM(yes the gba one.) and KH 365/2 days

Thats some great CGI but it still doesn't match PSP's. But its pretty impressive for a DS. Though, much talk about the CGI I heard in game graphics are terrible(Of the games you posted)

DSi is newer and still fails to beat the PSP in technical terms. A lot of people even consider the DSi to be an "Apple" of the PSP.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back