Who's getting a DSi?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Eh, I might get the DSi later, but I don't really see the need for it. I'd probably get bored of most of the new features really quickly.

Even though I have a DS Lite, which broke 2 times. I don't have a Camera, a Cell Phone with a Camera (Only a normal Cell.), or a Music Player (Even though I hardly listen to music.), so I got myself the DSi.

The DSi should be quite useful for me, as sometimes, if I have a field trip to somewhere (Basicly at school or some family trip.), aleast in the Car/Bus/etc. I have something to take pictures as I'm there and all, and also I have something to play to past the time, if were not doing anything major, like staying at the hotel room or something.

Also, its less baggage, and with 2 DS's, I can do a few transfering for my Pokemon Games. (Aka Pokemon from Diamond trade to Platinum.)

Violo said:
...Shop points once you log on, the camera works like and EyeToy (shown in WarioWare: Snapped) and all games work on the DSi without removing the save data. =D
That's easily the worst out of the Warioware series. the minigames don't get faster, and it is hard to make the camera work for the game.

Anyways, the only reason I'm getting a DSi is because my DS Lite's touchscreen is lightly messed up and the screens may fall of in a matter of months.

AshuraXDemon said:
You guys better stop judging it because of the hardware, try judging it of it's software.

Problem is that for now, the main difference is in the hardware. I'm sure they have ways to use the camera ingame that would make quite a difference, but for now the DSi exclusive library is barely started. I'll probably get one when I can afford it and when the DSiware content is substantial enough to justify the upgrade.

Luminous said:
That's easily the worst out of the Warioware series. the minigames don't get faster, and it is hard to make the camera work for the game.

It's also the cheapest, being a downloadable game versus a retail game (and Nintendo games almost NEVER go far below the original price). I assume that its there to give a good idea of what kind of things the new feature is capable of... Regardless, I don't think I can say how it plays because I've never played a Warioware game or the game in question.

The WarioWare game was just a test.

Also are you following the directions what the game said?

(Put on table at 180 degrees)
And its a rushed game just to get something out.
I'm sure its worth the price.

Tschibi the Reploid said:
i am happy with my DS so I dont need a new one.

Say Tschibi, was that intentional? I'm going to get a dsi as I'm going to get all the gba games and rom them since I have them. then, when homebrew takes off on the dsi(as we all know it will.), I'll be downloading the roms to my dsi. So effectively I wont need to carry around gba cartridges anymore.

crazy escape said:
Tschibi the Reploid said:
i am happy with my DS so I dont need a new one.

Say Tschibi, was that intentional? I'm going to get a dsi as I'm going to get all the gba games and rom them since I have them. then, when homebrew takes off on the dsi(as we all know it will.), I'll be downloading the roms to my dsi. So effectively I wont need to carry around gba cartridges anymore.

The DSi is like the wii now.

It updates so that means it'll probably wipe our your R4 when you download something.

If they do, then Nintendo can expect a lot of lawsuits, because homebrew IS NOT illegal, and if you own the game, they CANNOT punish you for owning a rom of it.

Ghost_Zero said:
If they do, then Nintendo can expect a lot of lawsuits, because homebrew IS NOT illegal, and if you own the game, they CANNOT punish you for owning a rom of it.

They already do this with the Wii.

Actually pirating/downloading Roms/copying games can get you sued.

Unless you own the games themselves.

And just because they're patching it, it doesn't make it illegal. I can see why they're stopping online cheaters, but not the homebrew itself. They can already stop online cheaters, why not leave the ones who don't cheat alone?

Ghost_Zero said:
Even if you own the original game, that doesn't give you the right to download a ROM/ISO image of it, because you're technically taking someone else's copy.
The ROM has to be a dump of your own original, otherwise it's 100% illegal, no exceptions. Although AFAIK, that mainly applies to the USA.

Dr.Pepper said:
Ghost_Zero said:
Even if you own the original game, that doesn't give you the right to download a ROM/ISO image of it, because you're technically taking someone else's copy.
The ROM has to be a dump of your own original, otherwise it's 100% illegal, no exceptions.

Well, I can see how that'd make sense.

But nintendo still doesn't have anything to use against homebrew, aside from online cheaters.

Dr.Pepper said:
Ghost_Zero said:
If I steal an N64 cartridge from someone, he doesn't have it anymore. If I upload a song I made and you download the song, I still have that copy. I don't see the correlation here.

Blue Warrior said:
If I steal an N64 cartridge from someone, he doesn't have it anymore. If I upload a song I made and you download the song, I still have that copy. I don't see the correlation here.
I didn't say it was like stealing someone's else original cartridge, just the copy that they made of their original.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back