Slope creation?

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I am trying to learn zone builder but I can't seem to create and see slopes in 3d but I am using the correct lindef (386-390s) to do so, and it does appear in game but glitch! Help!

Those linedef numbers are not even in Zone Builder's config file, and never have been. Either you're trolling or you're not even using Zone Builder.

Adding on to what Boniciel said, the lindefs you need to use to makes slopes are in between 700 - 724 in Zone Builder

Linedef types 386-393, Slope Sector Planes, are types of linedef specials exclusive to SRB2CB.

You've gotta be trolling. You have to

It literally SAYS they're exclusive to SRB2CB

Last edited:
your problem is, uhh, is that it says right there that those linedefs are exclusive to SRB2CB, which is definitely NOT Zone Builder like you mentioned, also it's for version 2.0 and NOT 2.1

Do you have eyes dude??

edit: ninjas

Last edited:
Ok, the reason the old linedef specials currently work for slopes right now is because there's a polyfill in the game right now that aliases them straight to their current equivalents. (That's a literal change of the line's special after loading the map, not just some aliasing.) Those aliases are not recognized by Zone Builder, and they'll be removed in the next major release to make room for if we ever need that many linedef executor trigger specials, so it's highly advised not to use them. (The only reason the aliases were added in the first place was so that all of those old CB test maps could be loaded into 2.1 slope tests without modification.) If you use the newer slope specials, Zone Builder recognizes them (which will help you figure out your issues in the editor directly) and you'll have less work to do if you ever decide to port a map to 2.2 onward.

What is a vertex slope? Update in a different exe the slopes are gone, and no its not SRB2CB but says something about the old slope specials... This does explain a lot though thanks Red!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back