Fixed Exploit that lets Yellow be used in Match.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sun

If you change your color to yellow while ingame, then host a server in Match, your color will be yellow. Changing Match maps does not change your color.

Last edited by a moderator:
oh wow

Hmm...I NEVER would have guessed that the game would have an exploit (sarcasm).

Anyway, that is kinda cool.

Last edited:
Well, the reason that they didn't allow the yellow color to be used normally in match/ctf is to make Super people stand out more.
So if a whole server has people in match that is yellow and someone goes super you can't really notice them, since everyone is yellow.

Well, actually, it SAYS who turns super (if anyone does), supers have a shine trail, or in Sonic's case, even super sprites. And when you'll throw a ring at them, they won't get knockbacked. You can also simply check who has all emeralds by pressing TAB...

Well, actually, it SAYS who turns super (if anyone does), supers have a shine trail, or in Sonic's case, even super sprites. And when you'll throw a ring at them, they won't get knockbacked. You can also simply check who has all emeralds by pressing TAB...

But not at a glance. That's the entire point. And I assume when the dev team finally stop the Super Sonic portrait being used for Super Whoever, you won't be able to tell if that guy who has the emeralds is super.

Could not reproduce; setting color to yellow outside of match, and then changing the gametype to match changes you to the default color of your character, such as blue for sonic. What do you mean by changing color "in-game"? Were there any other circumstances behind it?

I'm pretty sure he means by joining a netgame, changing to yellow, leaving, then hosting, though that might not work.

Make a server in a gametype besides Team Match or CTF, and change to Yellow. Next, shut down the server("End Game" works good) without actually leaving SRB2. Then, rehost, this time in Match. You will be colored yellow.

This is funny, I never knew you couldn't be yellow in Match. I guess I haven't really touched the master server lately. And yes, you have to go to End Game instead of switching the gametype manually.

I tested it, it works. Though I'm not sure if it works when joining. :\
Strange glitch, maybe when you load a map, it checks whether or not the colour is equal to yellow and if true, checks if it's in an fps based gametype, and if true again, proceeds to change to the prefcolour.

I don't see it being a big deal really, you could always check the TAB menu to see whether or not they're super anyway.

Edit: Damnit CZ64, how dare you ninja me. D:< [/joke]

checks if it's in an fps based gametype, and if true again, proceeds to change to the prefcolour.

You mean checks Match, right? Because Tag allows yellow, and CTF and Team Match could be bugged in their own way (unlikely but possible) if it checks for any FPS type.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back