The King of Fighters XII

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ash Crimson

Well, The King of Fighters XII is planned to be released next month. Anyone else other than myself pretty excited about it? So far from what I know it's going to be on the Playstation 3 as well as the Xbox 360. Alas for me it's definately a must have.

I am pretty excited about the game myself (Seeing that I am a KOF fan since I got The King of Fighters R-2 for the Neo-Geo Pocket Color, and I'm trying to get The King of Fighters R-1 for the Neo-Geo Pocket), and I can't wait to play the game myself, and if anyone gets a PS3 and KOF XII, I would challenge anyone with the game that has a PS3.

And it is a must have experience for 2D fighting game fans, because of the new HD-Rendered 2D sprites, and the stages look nice as well, as well as the characters.

Looks like im not the only one here who's looking forward to this, But I've Herd Most of the characters are going to be changed, I hope that isn't true, As I dont want to have to Re-Learn my best characters.

Not sure on how much the characters have changed, all I know is they've brought back Ash Crimson. So if they have changed, I'll learn him again and try to become as good as what I used to be.

BlueZero4 said:
I'm not really a KoF fan, so could someone say why KoF is different from, say Soul Calibur?
It's not fantasy focused, it plays on a 2D field and focuses on quantity over quality.

BlueZero4 said:
I'm not really a KoF fan, so could someone say why KoF is different from, say Soul Calibur?

There is a big difference from that and Soul Calibur's Gameplay.

The King of Fighters series is focused on a 2-D Side Scrolling pane, And Attacks Are Set to Strength, Not Dirrection: You have Light and Hard Punches and Kicks, All set to a simple 4 button controll scheme.

Moves are usually performed by movements of the Dirrectional Pad/Stick Ending with a button press depending on the move, Very Rarely, If Not, Never are there moves performed by Two Buttons pressed at once.

I could go on about the differences of Gameplay, But I'll stop from here.

superflip96 said:
BlueZero4 said:

There is a big difference from that and Soul Calibur's Gameplay.

The King of Fighters series is focused on a 2-D Side Scrolling pane, And Attacks Are Set to Strength, Not Dirrection: You have Light and Hard Punches and Kicks, All set to a simple 4 button controll scheme.

Moves are usually performed by movements of the Dirrectional Pad/Stick Ending with a button press depending on the move, Very Rarely, If Not, Never are there moves performed by Two Buttons pressed at once.

I could go on about the differences of Gameplay, But I'll stop from here.

In other words, it's simpler and you don't win with repeating one attack that's unblockable. Thats basically Soul calibur for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back