Soft Circle French-Bread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flame

WR 102
French-breadlogo.jpg

French-Bread is quite an odd name, isn't it? It was known as Watanabe Seisakujo prior to 2003 (Explained more below). The newly named Soft Circle French-Bread is a dojin soft company that specializes in 2D fighting games. Most recently, they have been working closely with TYPE-MOON to make their visual novel series Tsukihime, into theMelty Blood series of fighting games.

I have only been interested in about two of the games so far that they have created, namely being Glove on Fight and Gleam of Force.
GloveOnFight.jpg

Boxart of the Glove on Fight game.

gleamcredits.png

The above image depicts the Gleam of Force demo end credits (In-game I might add), like a "COMING SOON" message in an essance.

Both games use almost the same control stylings; One button for 'Weak' punches, One button for 'Strong' punches, and one button for Parrying or Dodging. Gleam of Force is the only game which is able to feature GOOD Countering, as shown here. Glove on Fight on the other hand is alright, not as good as Gleam of Force, but can hold up to be a decent game. Nonetheless, I like how they play as well as with the graphics and the like in-game.

Via French-Bread Wikipedia Article
It is believed that the name change was to prevent confusion with multimedia company, Watanabe Productions.

Also! The manuals to the games can be found here(Glove on Fight) and here (Gleam of Force).

Anyway, discuss!

a bee said:
Jellybones69 said:
They both look extremely generic to me.
Same. Weeaboo factor doesn't make a generic game better.

Not In Melty Blood's Case, I played the Demo of it and its Really good.

I also have Characters from the Game faithfully ported to MUGEN.

superflip96 said:
I also have Characters from the Game faithfully ported to MUGEN.

And why, good sir, have you not faithfully ported the characters to SRB2 or for that matter, Sonic Magixen, I ask.

the Gloves on fight box art reminds me of eternal fighter zero for some strange reason, not that it's a bad thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back