Status
Not open for further replies.

Trege

My first try at Super Mario bros maps.

http://www.sendspace.com/file/1jkqkk

Screenshots :
srb20000.png

srb20001.png

Judging by the images, I say not bad. But 1-1 and 1-2 (and 1-4) have already been done. And to the correct scale too. I suggest taking a look at Shuffle's remake of SSNTails's 1-2 and using that scale to make some other levels that haven't been done.

Upon playing it, my opinion was "God, this is awful". It does not resemble any Mario level at all, and it's not even in a style that an un-official level would take. Everything is horrendously proportioned. The enemies are allowed to roam free, instead of being restricted by a small area or something. The levels feel horrendously incomplete, and worst of all I could barely see that death pit in 1-1 because of the way you made it.

Earuto said:
Maybe it wasn't suppose to be based off the regular mario levels.
Have you even PLAYED it?

These levels suck.

-Uncollectable coins

-1-2 is a flat plain

-No pipes

- 1-2 is incomplete.

-Hell, even your warp zone's pipes sucks.

2/10

His text can be taken two ways. Either he is making stages exactly based on Mario stages, or just based on the stage with things llike scenery and not placement.

Earuto said:
Chaos said:
Earuto said:
Pay attention to his text, not just the pictures. :V

I hope your not talking to me. I had read I'll begin's post and he said it does not resemble any levels at all.
I'm talking to YOU. The creator said he was trying to make SMB1 maps.

This was my first try at making a Super Mario bros map and I kind of rushed it, I should of spent more time on it like I did Spring Valley.

Chaos said:
Earuto said:
Chaos said:
Earuto said:
Pay attention to his text, not just the pictures. :V

I hope your not talking to me. I had read I'll begin's post and he said it does not resemble any levels at all.
I'm talking to YOU. The creator said he was trying to make SMB1 maps.

If you my post then you would see I had a misunderstanding. You don't have to get on everyone's little case if they make a few mistakes here and there, but you go and talk about every little post. Plus he sad it was his first try at mario levels( meaning his own design or based on the actual level) He never said he was trying to make the acutual levels so just get off my case. I'm done here.

If you make Mario levels, shouldn't it be a Mario level? And besides, scr_supermariobros.wad.

I'll Begin said:
Judging by the images, I say not bad. But 1-1 and 1-2 (and 1-4) have already been done. And to the correct scale too. I suggest taking a look at Shuffle's remake of SSNTails's 1-2 and using that scale to make some other levels that haven't been done.

Upon playing it, my opinion was "God, this is awful". It does not resemble any Mario level at all, and it's not even in a style that an un-official level would take. Everything is horrendously proportioned. The enemies are allowed to roam free, instead of being restricted by a small area or something. The levels feel horrendously incomplete, and worst of all I could barely see that death pit in 1-1 because of the way you made it.
shut up(exept for the first part),he said this is his first try at make a mario level. so give him a break.

Actually, I'll Begin was right, this map is horrible now that I've compared it
to my other maps, one example is Spring valley zone, it kinda of owns this one...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back