SRB2 Message Board  

Go Back   SRB2 Message Board > Off-Topic > General Discussion

Old 09-27-2009   #421
CobaltBW
I do things sometimes

Also, the artwork is premade by Gen8's furry dollmaker, and I don't have a lot of interest in characters made with a template as opposed to drawn manually.

Check out my soundcloud profile for music stuff
CobaltBW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009   #422
nikslg

Ok if you dont like my sig...
I will Show you my Sprite Animations!!!

P.S. My another nickname is HeKuToC
nikslg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009   #423
Wombatwarlord777
"...What?"

Those all original? I kinda feel like a chode for not knowing.

Well, I'm impressed. Convincing animation is one of the things that escapes me. Lord knows I've tried.
Old 09-28-2009   #424
nikslg

Yep it all original...
I don't recorded Gameplay, Dont Used flash for that and dont used Photoshop
I only used Gimp (thats so long with that... but i know how to make animations only in GIMP)
P.S. I can help you with making if you want (example give tutorials)
Old 09-28-2009   #425
Project Dark Fox
The Sin of Wrath

Well, then, I'm certainly going to be looking for a little critique on this original character I've had for about a week. Which was based on a little conversation I had with a friend who really didn't like squirrels. She'd shoot them out of her yard with a BB gun. Well...

I had an answer to that. Her "full" name is Sabrina Ryder, the BB Avenger; her weapon of course is a pump-action BB gun. Her last name being borrowed from the Fallout series but otherwise no relation to the Red Ryder.
Project Dark Fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009   #426
Supersonic2p3
Kurri | Kawaii Killer

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikslg View Post
Yep it all original...
I don't recorded Gameplay, Dont Used flash for that and dont used Photoshop
I only used Gimp (thats so long with that... but i know how to make animations only in GIMP)
P.S. I can help you with making if you want (example give tutorials)
Time to download Gimp, so you could teach me.
Old 09-28-2009   #427
nikslg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supersonic2p3 View Post
Time to download Gimp, so you could teach me.
For first you need know how to use sprites
this will be help you
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MOTSyx0mh2E
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XkjM67yHNvo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xphi-qmsYnU
This is not my videos
P.S. when you will make 2 motions from sprite list
example do with naruto (sonic running is hard like others)
http://sdb.drshnaps.com/objects/2/32/Sprite/Naruto.png
P.S.S. after that i will tell you your problem and you will make it to perfect :D
Old 09-28-2009   #428
Wombatwarlord777
"...What?"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Project Dark Fox View Post
Well, then, I'm certainly going to be looking for a little critique on this original character I've had for about a week. Which was based on a little conversation I had with a friend who really didn't like squirrels. She'd shoot them out of her yard with a BB gun. Well...

I had an answer to that. Her "full" name is Sabrina Ryder, the BB Avenger; her weapon of course is a pump-action BB gun. Her last name being borrowed from the Fallout series but otherwise no relation to the Red Ryder.
This looks almost exactly like a modernized Princess Sally, sans the squirrel tail. I still like her looks, though, because she doesn't have gaudy colors like half the fan-characters out there, and your application of shading and anatomy is commendable.

Does Sabrina have any personality quirks to differentiate herself from Archie's royal rodent?
Old 09-28-2009   #429
Project Dark Fox
The Sin of Wrath

Quote:
I still like her looks, though, because she doesn't have gaudy colors like half the fan-characters out there, and your application of shading and anatomy is commendable.
Thank you! :) I had to say that I made no effort to change anything because I liked the realistic fur colors as-is. Call her a distant relative of the same species.

Quote:
Does Sabrina have any personality quirks to differentiate herself from Archie's royal rodent?
She likes to harass the hell out of anyone who comes into her little corner of the forest, for one -- but never to kill (exemption: she's fired back at with lethal force). Her corner? The Tree of the Gun, a tree that has this smallish dead branch that sticks straight up well out of the canopy.
She's quite foul-mouthed with a lot of male personality tendencies. And while she may take in guests who have managed to weather her rain of BB pellets, that doesn't mean she's a good hostess. Sabrina is also very indifferent to the world around her: she doesn't know (or care) much about Eggman/Robotnik's plans.

Last edited by Project Dark Fox; 09-28-2009 at 08:33 PM.
Old 09-29-2009   #430
nikslg

I started work with Furry Doll maker again and i made Goku with that...
what you think?
Old 09-29-2009   #431
Torgo
Developer

This topic is for your original art only. Using that doll maker classifies it as ~geN8hedgehog's art. Please keep this topic to only art you fully make yourself.
Torgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2009   #432
nikslg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torgo View Post
This topic is for your original art only. Using that doll maker classifies it as ~geN8hedgehog's art. Please keep this topic to only art you fully make yourself.
Um ok
Sig (if you dont know all use renders of characters made by anothers) and Animations by me
This is First char pic of my fan char in sonic battle style

Last edited by nikslg; 09-29-2009 at 08:32 PM.
Old 10-06-2009   #433
Terra
Needy child

this is how i draw sonic but it doesnt always look like this: http://img4.imageshack.us/img4/9976/dsc05444u.jpg
Terra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2009   #434
super
newbe comic artist

decided to do a change, instead of scenery, i thought i would draw a battle scene. any tips on how to improve are most welcome
The above statement is false
super is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2009   #435
Wombatwarlord777
"...What?"

How about you have the figures in your picture actually, you know, battle? As opposed to just standing there?
Old 10-07-2009   #436
super
newbe comic artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wombatwarlord777 View Post
How about you have the figures in your picture actually, you know, battle? As opposed to just standing there?
Im not actually confident enough with my "battle drawings" as i am with these types, i always end up messing up the arms or legs, so untill im actually pleased with the way i draw them (Im still practicing it at the moment) i wont post thouse type of pictures.
The above statement is false
super is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2009   #437
Project Dark Fox
The Sin of Wrath

Quote:
Originally Posted by super View Post
Im not actually confident enough with my "battle drawings" as i am with these types, i always end up messing up the arms or legs, so untill im actually pleased with the way i draw them (Im still practicing it at the moment) i wont post thouse type of pictures.
You have to have a bit more confidence than that. Half the time I feel like I'm posting utter **** and yet some folks still love it. And once they do, that alone can drive you to be a bit better.
Accepting critique (or maybe even absorbing new techniques) will also help you.

And because I hate to overshadow someone else, I'm looking for critique on this piece of crap I just finished. Don't bother with the colors, I can't ever seem to fix them because of my scanner always scanning red:
Prisoner of War
Old 10-16-2009   #438
Spirit Dragon
GameN'WatchComms Co-Host

This is my fan character Wing The Bird. I still don't know what bird but it is a bird.
Spirit Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2009   #439
Spirit Dragon
GameN'WatchComms Co-Host

I made some new pics.
Spirit Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2009   #440
Project Dark Fox
The Sin of Wrath

1: Pictures can be rotated even in the Windows Preview program. I'd hate to turn my head to get a good idea.
2: Regarding the drawings themselves, I'm sorry, they're just not very good. Granted, I didn't start well, either -- I'm sure they looked just like that when I was 8 -- but you need to find some tutorials on how to draw certain characters. A Sonic tutorial would be huge to you.