Sylveon - With new sprites.

Super frames are now a thing!

DirtyAgileAmericancrayfish.gif

...Don't mind the frames offset, gonna fix that.
Release planned for tomorrow.

Sylveon renamed to Fleshbows

Today is my birthday.
And instead of recieving gifts, I'm making one.

...Okay no one cares :< *gets shot*

Anyway, here it is, the least hyped update that manages to make something that somehow got 4 stars out of 5 (Miracle indeed) even worse than it was!

General changes
-Sylv- I mean FLESHBOWS now has new, and hopefully better sprites, with a darker shade of pink.

-Talking about Fleshbows, I decided to give him a name. Just because I felt like doing it.

-Moonjump was nerfed, it gives less vertical and horizontal momentums than it used to do.

-LightScreen has been moved to SPIN while JUMPING, and functions like an instashield. Giving a 0.25 second invulnerability

-Quick Attack now requires to smash "FORWARD" while pressing spin to charge up, and leaves a fancy 2.2 ish charging dust behind it. It will no longer force the player to thrust, and will cancel ONLY if the player goes below the normal running speed or jumps. It will not hurt enemies anymore but still destroys walls.

-Super Fleshbows now has a full sheet of recolored sprites. Much like 2.2.

Fixes

-Fixed a problem related to Fleshbows getting stuck when hanging something after a MoonJump.

-Fixed everything related to Quick Attack charge oddity.

-Hopefully fixed abilities sometimes getting unusable in Multiplayer (FTW?)

-Fixed still making smoke underwater.

-Fixed everything related to reversed gravity.

Go ahead and click the download on the op if you want.
Now if you excuse me, I have a birthday to celebrate before Speedwagon releases his Shadow to... shadow my post *gets shot by Speedwagon*

Last edited:
First of all, happy birthday. Second ;

Today is my birthday.
And instead of recieving gifts, I'm making one.

...Okay no one cares :< *gets shot*

Now if you excuse me, I have a birthday to celebrate before Speedwagon releases his Shadow to... shadow my post *gets shot by Speedwagon*

As someone who has negative self-esteem, this shit is super annoying. Your continuous self deprecation in EVERY post does not make you more approachable, just more irritating.

For the wad itself, I guess it's decent.(Didn't bother to go super, though the Lua implies some changes) Moonjump is literally a worse double jump, with a cost to boot. Light Screen reminds me of KO.T.E's force shield ability from 2.0, as in, they're both extremely niche and might as well not be there. judging by the sizes of projectiles in this game, this'll only be useful in Azure Temple or if someone makes a Lethal League simulator or something.

Quick Attack is...pretty nice, I mean it's Super Peel-Out, you can't go wrong with Super Peel-Out.

Moonblast is a bomb ring. That's it. I'd rather hop and bop, but I can't complain about ranged options.

Overall not a wad that I'd go out of my way to use,though I can say the same of every non-level wad released here, so that's not an insult or anything. The sprites feel a little static, there isn't much change between animations, so you might want to work on that.

Lastly, fleshbows is literally the worst name ever oh my god

First of all, happy birthday. Second ;

As someone who has negative self-esteem, this shit is super annoying. Your continuous self deprecation in EVERY post does not make you more approachable, just more irritating.

Thanks, and blame me for totally failling making irony. I tried 2 times. Never again, then. ...My usertitle makes sense, at least. :>

For the wad itself, I guess it's decent.(Didn't bother to go super, though the Lua implies some changes)

Blame me again, I kinda suck at Lua. It still does what it's supposed to do.

Moonjump is literally a worse double jump, with a cost to boot.

A shitton of people complained about it being "way too OP" ...So, I nerfed it. Apparently a bit too much for your taste.

Light Screen reminds me of KO.T.E's force shield ability from 2.0, as in, they're both extremely niche and might as well not be there. judging by the sizes of projectiles in this game, this'll only be useful in Azure Temple or if someone makes a Lethal League simulator or something.

Even tough I kinda agree that it seems useless, it's still pretty useful if you don't want to bother with ERZ lasers or circling spikeballs etc.

Moonblast is a bomb ring. That's it. I'd rather hop and bop, but I can't complain about ranged options.

You mean something like a lob shot? ...I didn't quite get what you were saying... and the translators are making things even worse.

The sprites feel a little static, there isn't much change between animations, so you might want to work on that.

I'm aware about the sprites, and I'll try to do something about it.

Lastly, fleshbows is literally the worst name ever oh my god

You're actually the first one to complain about it. Other guys found it "funny" at the first place (When I was doing some "plsdownloadandtest" online shit.) so I decided to leave it here.

Other people might as well have found the name funny because they probably feel that the whole idea of Sylveon having flesh bows is a funny meme. For those not aware, this kind of joke had been pulled out very often when it came to Sylveon.

But yes, I personally think it's a terrible name as well.

Hey! It's still my birthday for 6 minutes!
Let me make you another gift! (I already had mine, Shadow pls <3)
This update contains the fellowing shit:

-Reverted the name back to Sylveon. So no one will complaint about it :>
-Fixed instances with Multiplayer (for real this time)
-Moonjump retrieved its good old stats.

...Well that's it.
I gotta make another pointless video on this too.

Oh excuse me, here is a small bugfix nobody really cares about, but well, it's still here.

Fixes
-Fixed a problem involving the LUA_DUST and LUA_SHIN hooks not working properly in Multiplayer, a bit like the abilities did.
-Fixed the player being allowed to constantly use the InstaScreen while being spinned by a Circling Mace or in a Waterslide.

New / Changes
-Sylveon now has hurt messages made specially for Moonjump (Yes, it can hit things) and Moonblast.
-The Quick Attack doesn't require to be completly standstill in order to be able to charge up anymore, it will now tolerate a speed up to 1*FRACUNIT, much like vanilla spindash does.

On an irrevelant note, I updated the main post with new a description.
Though I was lazy to re-record gifs, so I just removed them.

Just tried to play through the single player campaign with Sylveon, I had fun! Although I got stuck at Red Volcano Zone.

Turns out Sylveon can't complete the secret path, the slide can't break monitors so the player gets permenantly stuck there.

8kd4x30mx8b16o2zg.jpg

Welp, I completly forgot about RVZ while making the Slide.
I'll fix that asap along with another issue that kinda bugs me.

you used the Lua to give zoom the camera, but I think it was used for the setting of decreasing character. then when you squat and a camera fixed in character when resets the map, Sylveon this giant.
so the bug and realized in single player. Other than that everything normal.

Very good wad of Sylveon character, I liked him very much.

giphy.gif

you used the Lua to give zoom the camera, but I think it was used for the setting of decreasing character. then when you squat and a camera fixed in character when resets the map, Sylveon this giant.
so the bug and realized in single player. Other than that everything normal.

Very good wad of Sylveon character, I liked him very much.

giphy.gif

I'm noticing that you're using another wad with it, maybe that is the problem?

Another advantage that I really like is that rings heal you. I like it because some people (including me) are impatient and can't afford to wait for HP regain. Ex: If there is a time limit, or your surrounded by enemies and you can't stay still for long.

I instantly checked the thread because I thought this great WAD got an update.
I was wrong.

please don't bump extremely old threads

2.1.15 has backwards-compatibility with 2.1.14's Lua, meaning anything used before in 2.1.14 will print out a warning ONCE in 2.1.15 to show that it'll become unsupported in 2.2's release. It's not a bug Lat's end, it's just the changes in SRB2's Lua Scripting Interface which is causing this.

But still, I agree this should be updated for 2.2/2.1.15 so it doesn't spit out an error/warning like that.

2.1.15 has backwards-compatibility with 2.1.14's Lua, meaning anything used before in 2.1.14 will print out a warning ONCE in 2.1.15 to show that it'll become unsupported in 2.2's release. It's not a bug Lat's end, it's just the changes in SRB2's Lua Scripting Interface which is causing this.

But still, I agree this should be updated for 2.2/2.1.15 so it doesn't spit out an error/warning like that.

Got it! Well I don't mind that error as it only spits it out once in a game. I can deal with that.

But I think that this is not a intended behavior and I also don't think that this was possible in 2.1.14:
3ptAY3E.gif

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back