Ash's Generic SRB2 Questions

Segmint

Since I don't want to clog up the Editing Help forum with tons of my questions, I'm just making a topic where I can ask them without being the overflow-er here.

1.) When I save a doom flat, how can I make it a certain size (square of course) without it being saved as something else? Example; I'm trying to save a flat that is 128 x 128, but it keeps saving as 256 x 64 (>.<) which makes it look desturbingly distorted.

2.) How can I add multiple music tracks on a level pack, such as the speed shoes/invincibility sound on different levels? Example of what I mean; Click

3.) For the ANIMATED lump, how do I add more animations into it? And, if I can't add new ones, can I add multiple ANIMATED lumps?

I know it doesn't seem like a lot now, I will eventually ask more questions, and instead of starting multiple topics, I can just use this one.

Hopefully this doesn't break any rule of some sort.

Segmint, "Saving as a Doom Flat", while it looks distorted, actually isn't.

For instance, I think SLIME04 looks like carp in XWE, but it's fine in-game.

I tested it ingame, and the texture I used looks extremely distorted.

Edit: Nevermind. I actually did something extremely wrong. Again. (Overlapping sectors)

New question;

Should a CTF map be perfectly symetrical? Example: All linedef lengths being exactly the same on both sides. I'm asking because I'm making a CTF map, but the problem is, both sides aren't perfectly symetrical (a couple of units off, but not a huge disruption...).

Heh, the only way I could make it perfectly symetrical is to make half of the map, and then copy/paste it to the other side, and I gotta say, I might just start over to get those kinds of results.

Yeah, I am. >.>

Edit: Actually, using the miracle of WadAuthor's hidden sector split ability, I can just fix the wad to edit half, and it will automatically copy it to the other side.

Yay Wad Author!

Another question (yes, I know, it's a huge bump, but I didn't want to add another topic, and instead just use this one);

I want my textures to look flawless ingame. Should I make linedef lengths a multiple of 64 also? I'm trying to do it as best as I can with sector height, but I just need some help with this.

Mmm, depends on the texture. If you've got 64 x 64, then it's a good idea to do that. However, count on either square levels or having absolutely no grid use what-so-ever.

On the other hand, SRB2 Doom Builder always has an "align texture function", but I'm not the guy to ask how that works.

In my personal practice, I don't worry about textures. 'Course, I don't make 'em myself, so...

Well, all of my textures are a multiple of 64 (square of course), but the thing is, some textures need to be aligned properly to look correctly in place (excluding certain wood textures, metal, grass, etc.). The only problem I have with this, is that it may be tedious being sure that each linedef is a multiple of 64.

Has anyone here finished a level (without checking linedef length and/or texture alignment), and gone back to make sure the textures look seemless by changing the length and alignment?

If you really want seemless, Turn your grid up to 64 and build using straight lines.

I still think you shouldn't be worrying too much about textures, Unless you're building something square, it will pretty much never turn out perfect.

Uh, what's so hard about using SRB2 Doom Builder for tiny things? It doesn't mean you have to use it completely, just for those one-stop problems like aligning textures.

*hangs on wall and whispers to segmint*I'm a ninja and I asked dash to edit his charater to look like my charater Logan Azelen. ^_^

p.s. I asked it to be pm to me.

I'd really apreciate it if you posted that little tidbit of information in a place where it actually matters, rather than just post it in a topic where who you were adressing is at a captive audience.

Also, requests suck.

LOGAN THE WOLF said:
*hangs on wall and whispers to segmint*I'm a ninja and I asked dash to edit his charater to look like my charater Logan Azelen. ^_^

p.s. I asked it to be pm to me.

Logan, why the hell are you stalking my topics? I mean, that didn't even solve my problem, let alone you're flamebaiting by saying, "OOH I GOT A WAD BEFORE YOU MWAHAHA". I honestly don't even care about character wads that much, and would much rather play my own (hint hint, signature). Oh and, there are several beta testers already playing what I have done in my signature, and testing it. How does that sound?

So anyway, let's just ignore him.

To BlueZero, I can use it for small things, it's just that Doom Builder and Wad Author work in completely different ways. I would use DB for drawing sectors, texture alignment, and the Z offset, but Wad Author for everything else, because I don't like the feel of Doom Builder overall. Hell, I'd be okay with just an update to the WCF file so that the newer effects (linedef executors, FOFs, water, misc. and such) actually show up on the menu, instead of me manually entering the linedef/sector type (from the specials list).

You know what, I was about to get pissed. Seriously, you're really going all out in trying to get me banned (I'm guessing in a flamewar fashion).

Instead, I'm going to report you to the Administrators, so they can deal with you! =D

Offtopic:
I like kitsunes too!

Segmint said:
You know what, I was about to get pissed. Seriously, you're really going all out in trying to get me banned (I'm guessing in a flamewar fashion).

Instead, I'm going to report you to the Administrators, so they can deal with you! =D

Offtopic:
I like kitsunes too!

I'm not trying to start a flame war and yay someone who dosen't critisize kitsunes!

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back