The Missing Link (???) of Mario and Luigi:Partners in Time

Status
Not open for further replies.

Com

I want to show of something that I've been thinking about for a long time, and that is the fact that something seems missing in M&L2. Yeah, sorta out of contexts, but I want to know your opinion on this. Do you think something is missing in M&L2? You know, something pulled out at the last minute, like Banjo-Kazooie's Stop & Swap.
I do. Not only is this supported by the small length of the game, but the weirdness that happens between the Volcano and Toad Town. The Mother Ship was just plopped in there in my opinion, to replace a other world the Bros. visit. I also think that they removed some move you learn during your visit to that world or on your way to that world. (Toadsworth.)
My support for this theroy is the over use of about four puzzles in the last level, making it really easy.

Well, thats my 2 cents. Whether you think this is a good thing to dicuss or it is a piece of crap, you decide.

i think the game was short and i beat it, m&l sss was longer,...to me any way. and nothings missing....

I missed the bros. attacks from ml:ss, the bros. items were kind of dull compared to them. I also missed having a world map instead of a little hangout (Peach's Castle).

Well, personally i felt that the bros items made an improvement over the Bros attacks if just by giving the player a wider range of attacks to choose from. However i have to agree with Tails4ever, i as well missed the world to travel around. It made the game feel less like an adventure and at the same time removed some of the magic for me.

(that and i wanted to surf on luigi again <_<)

The game missed alot of variations and secrets. Really, why always be with 4? And in some cases, always with 2 brothers. It sucks. I remember the good ol' secrets where Luigi or Mario alone had to jump trough a 2D level with a lot of obstacles. Now THAT was fun. It also missed good sidegames and variations. It wasn't bad at all, but it missed those extra things that SuperStar Saga did have.

Well in M&L: PiT, the bro items don't seem to be fun but I think they put it there to challenge us. But only M&L: SSS has the best special attacks that take timing. M&L PiT does have it but it has a way of tiring you out with some of the items they have.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 2, Members: 0, Guests: 2)

Back