I have Doom special edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wuddayameeen, "work as the wad". What would work? The DooM PWAD? I'd guess not, but give is a shot and see what happens. :)

I mean would the DoomSE wad would work as my wad for editing. So far I have no idea what the frig I am doing but I guess most people don't at least for the 1st couple of days

Gee, thanks SS... -.-...

If you've got Doom Special Edition, no, it wouldn't... unless that's Doom "'2'" (OMGTEHTWO) Special Edition. SRB2 is a hack of Doom 2 after all... Yes, it is... if you look at it in the right way...

I'd suggest not using Doom2.wad at all anyway. It's annoying and not-needed... www.aopu71.dsl.pipex.com - Look around there, there should be some wadding tutorials on starting off... my tutorial tells of a way to get SRB2.SRB to be a compatible file instead of Doom2.wad... byez!

Your'e very welcome, Cy-Chan!
It's the one where you turn a PWAD into a IWAD, so you can make it as a "game wad" :P .

"Check out My New Char. wad, Big The Cat!"

The Doom SRB2 thing

No.You cant use the Doom wad with SRB2 in any way except maybe copy maps,textures and sprites.Also,Legacy was based off the Doom 1 Source Code,and has nothing to do with doom2 except support and its most used.

Actually, Doom Legacy runs both Doom 1 and Doom 2 just fine. They're similar enough that both of them will run under Legacy.

Most people just use Doom 2 because it had a few extra features without anything taken out, as it wasn't a major change after all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back