I need some serious help...

Status
Not open for further replies.

JJames19119

Why did they remove Grey
I'm not sure,but I think the file I downloaded is a little messed up...
First the offline game...
First off,when I beat Eggman in Castle Eggman Act 3,It goes to the stage completion screen then just sits there.In the top right corner I can see the console text with the message:"map not found"Am I missing some files?
Then theres the fact that there dosen't seem to be any emblems or easter eggs,despite what you've been talking about here.I've searched every where,even in places where you said they should be.What happened to them?
When I try to play split screen with someone else,seemingly at random,the game quits,and I get this message:"signal_handler() : segment violation"What does that mean?
My online issues I think you would know about...
When I try to get on a net game,I enter the IP address of who ever is holding it,It waits for a couple minutes,then tells me that the:"server has timed out"I have AOL,and ridiculously slow,so I'm wondering if thats the problem.
Well thanks for taking the time to just read this...I hope you can get back to me as soon as possible...THANKS!

Sounds like you're using an out of date exe file from before 1.08. Try downloading the new version, because the MAPEB not found is caused by a change between the new versions, and was displayed on beta copies.

He didn't say it was MAPEB. Can you tell us the exact message, JJames19119?

Split-screen mode is rather buggy, and if the problem you describe is what I think it is, there may be no way around it. When the game crashes and you get a message saying "signal_handler(): segment violation," that's called a sigsegv for short, and can happen for many reasons. Tell me, do the sigsegvs usually occur after you jump in or out of water? If so, it's a known bug.

This is weird....when I went to load a saved game "tails at castle eggman act 3"(to see what the message was)Instead of playing as tails I was playing as a green sonic!I don't know how the netgames could effect it since I've never played as a green sonic!When I beat eggman,instead of showing the message,it showed the credits!And after the credits it showed all my choas emeralds (4) and told me:"Prizes not awarded for modified games!"(I am not making this up.This actually happened!)I used no wads.
And this is supposed to be the final demo,right?(I have that...or is there a newer version I'm not aware of?)Whats going on?

The "Final demo" was released as 1.04, and has since been updated to 1.08 and eventually will be updated again to 1.09. Oh and... Hi! *waves*

It originally was going to be the final demo, but either bugs or new features have caused us to release new versions. Basically they're to fix errors and add new level design features so the level designers can do cooler things.

It sounds like you have an older version of SRB2 somewhere on your computer and the game is using bits of it.

JJames19119 said:
This is weird....when I went to load a saved game "tails at castle eggman act 3"(to see what the message was)Instead of playing as tails I was playing as a green sonic!I don't know how the netgames could effect it since I've never played as a green sonic!When I beat eggman,instead of showing the message,it showed the credits!And after the credits it showed all my choas emeralds (4) and told me:"Prizes not awarded for modified games!"(I am not making this up.This actually happened!)I used no wads.
And this is supposed to be the final demo,right?(I have that...or is there a newer version I'm not aware of?)Whats going on?

! The same EXACT thing happened to me! :|

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back