Help with Port Forwarding

Status
Not open for further replies.

TOGM95

What am I again?
Hello everyone!

I never had the experience to host a server on SRB2, so i wanted to try it, at least once. I did as the ThatSRB2Dude and Bluecore video said but it isn't working.

Here is what i did:

Made the SRB2 and added for Games Sharing (my port forwarding).
Checked the internet Firewall.
Turned off my Firewall

Did this all and this isn't working. What's missing?

Last edited:
Did you make sure the port range was 5029-5029?
Maybe post a image of the screen your configuring your port on so I can take a closer look.

Here:
SemTiacutetulo_zpsefef1eaf.png~original

I'm portuguese so don't bother me about what it says.

I wasn't going to :P

Have you assigned your port to your PC, if not, assign it to your IP address.
That works on my router, hopefully it should work for you.
You can find your IP address in the command prompt by typing ipconfig/all.

I know t-
Wait a sec. Where do i use that? On the IP Aderess of the game?
If so, yes; i did.

No, on your port forward screen ( your router ) you should see somewhere where you could assign your port to a device, that's where you put the IPv4 address.

Well, if you have done all that, you should be ready to host your netgame.
Give it a shot and see if it works! :)

Then I'm afraid I don't know what COULD be wrong with your configuration. I use a different router so my settings will be different from yours.

Ok, I read up a tutorial and this is what you should try next.

1.At the "pick a task..." part (Or in your case, since your Portuguese, it would be Escolha uma tarefa ...) and select Assign a game to a local network device(Atribuir um jogo para um dispositivo de rede local)

2.Select your game from the game list (Make sure you have saved your SRB2 port first!) and then put in the second box user defined (definido pelo usuário).

3. It should bring a box up underneath that box, there you put the IPv4 address you found earlier.

4. Click add (adicionar) and your done!

(Sorry if translations are wrong, Google Translate sometimes doesnt work for all sites :s)

Go to the website of your internet operator, this is how I did it.

Oh by the way, there appears "Log" and then a box.
Should i check or not?

---------- Post added at 06:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:35 PM ----------

Go to the website of your internet operator, this is how I did it.

How? I mean, i don't get it, i just put my gateway aderess on the Chrome and there appears my gateway asking for username and pass.

Oh by the way, there appears "Log" and then a box.
Should i check or not?

---------- Post added at 06:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:35 PM ----------

How? I mean, i don't get it, i just put my gateway aderess on the Chrome and there appears my gateway asking for username and pass.

Put administrator or something like that as username, and your router's password as password.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back