• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

Chargry the fox

Status
Not open for further replies.

Loup

Loup The Lightning
Picture:
Char sprites of Chargry.
test.png
First sprites of Chargry.
KNUXA1.png
The new sprites of Chargry.
Here it a part of chargry body. The wad is based on knux sprites but it nothing sprites remake here. If you want send me suggestion.
Ability super sonic fly.
Ability2 spin for the other thing I don't know the speed I will give to him and other.
"PS:"Other info will be added in all update of the post."
"UPDATE: "New Sprites!"

Last edited:
The eyes, they are just... I can't explain them.
He looks like he has mushrooms on his head. The drug mushrooms.
The body should have more shape than just a circle.
Also, he needs shading.
Also, Fox? This is an Echidna. Fox =//////= Echidna

Chargry the fox have a Echidna hair, sonic ears, 3 tails, knux glove and personal shoes.

The head freaks me out...he look like...Hmm...how to say this...He seems to be a killer...look really weird...You should try to make his eyes looking more serious.

An other thing is about the body...looks too small for the head...You should fix that.

More Shading?

Is it built in the Srb2 Palette?(Talking about the Greenish-black spot in Chargry's face)

Still need a lot of improvements...I know you well. I know you can do it...But be sure that it don't look too much like an Echidna then a Fox...

Last thing. Did you thought about his ability? Socketting maybe??...Give us more information. What do you really want to do? There is already many fan character, and this one look like Knuckles. Be sure that you change everything.

I've made my point. I shall post later when there will be progress. Until then, I wish you good luck. Many fan character's designer have give up because they got tired or wasn't able to finish their wad because of lazyness... I hope you are on a serious project this time.

There is no way that is a fox. Even a fox and an echidna thrown into a blender and subsequently run over by an 18 wheeler 50 times would never look like that. That thing is ABYSMAL.

You obviously can't sprite, so don't even try to make a character WAD. Character WADs are actually one of the harder things to design for SRB2. They require excellent spriting skills, good SOC abilities (because using the standard library of abilities gets old really fast), and a great eye for detail. In any case, only about 10% of all character WADs (even the decent ones), actually add something new and inspired to gameplay, so for all but a select few experts in this community, trying to make a character is an exercise in futility.

The way I see it, you have two options if you really want to contribute to this community. The first--and I would strongly recommend this one over the second one--is to devote your energy to making levels. It still requires a lot of hard work and dedication to make a good level WAD, but the necessary skills are much easier to learn through trial and error.

But if you really have your heart set on doing sprite work, you should start small and try designing SOCs. Make a simple SOC'd enemy, and create some sprites for it. Your first one will probably still be terrible, but since it will be a smaller project than a character, it will be a bit easier for you to go back and improve upon it later.

I make thing by the way of soc and I make boss and for a time I dont recolour a existed wad, I make my own wad and my friend give me help and say to me for don't let's abandon the project.

Last edited:
I make thing by the way of soc and I make boss and for a time I dont recolour a existed wad, I make my own wad and my friend give me help and say to me for don't let's abandon the project.

There has to be some serious language barrier here, because this is the verbal equivalent of vomit.

Go ahead and keep trying, but you're not going to finish this.

Chargry the fox have a Echidna hair, sonic ears, 3 tails, knux glove and personal shoes.

Do I hear what I think I hear???
It sounds like one of those "soopuh doopuh sawnik" Fancharacters where they're relatives to some official character, have "awsum powahs" where they can fly or something (The Super Sonic float as an ability adds to that), and have angsty back-stories where they were almost killed and brought back to life or something.
But, he's banned, so he won't see this.

Sega doesn't use that Character maker. It is completely fan-based, as far as I know.

Oh, Haha, I know that, I was just cracking a joke about the ridiculous amount of new characters Sega pumps out. For example, I happened to notice that it wouldn't be hard to make Jet the Hawk or whatever his name is in there, but the funny thing is, that character creator was made before Jet the Hawk came into existence, as far as I know.

(He told me he's going to be back soon...after his ban...)

Though...you cannot blame him for "Trying" to make a character based on something that "may" be old... I know its hard to make serious character. Nobody said that it is going to be accepted... But leave him a chance... He's happy doing what he's doing. I guess the best thing to do is to see if he can improove...

BTW:...I also know his language is terrible...He's french and REALLY don't know how to spell things right... I try to help him as much as I can, but he's trying at least... and I don't think that you really need to "read" and "understand" what he have to say... I think picture worth a thousand words...

I encourage you Loup!!... Even if your English grammar is bad, I'm sure you can do some Unofficial character that will be good.

Last edited:
Though...you cannot blame him for "Trying" to make a character based on something that "may" be old... I know its hard to make serious character.

Oh no, it's not that hard to make a serious and original fancharacter.

It's just that people use little to no imagination while doing so.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back