SMB3 beaten in 11 minutes :P

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh :? I didn´t see it... Anyway, it´s still incredible, being a fake or not :P

And anyway, last levels, harder ones, have correct timer :? But maybe invincibility or something like that...

No, I'm talking about consistent speed of the level timer counting down.

It's not fake. You see, it will take YEARS to cut-and-paste those sprites, and several more years to perfect it. I think the timer was like that due to overload of killing so many enemies and such, leading to massive slowdown in the game (happened to me once). Remember, this game is over a decade old. Also, I watched this several times, and after observing it ever-so-closely, it is definately real. Besides, why would this person make a fake video? I assure you that every single stunt and move in this video is possible to execute in the game. This guy really has no reason to fake this.

This just shows that some Japanese gamers lock themselves in their rooms and spend years on end perfecting their skills, only recieving food and new games under their door. *watches it again*

Okay, there's no proof that this is real. But do you really have any proof that this is fake?

a441 said:
Exceptional claims require exceptional proof.

If you're talking to me, then I already proved that the "timer thing" is normal in my first post. If you're not, then never mind. XP

I was responding to your "Do you have any proof it is fake?" comment. It's fake until proven otherwise.

No, he used an emulator (some graphical problems and inaccurate sound reproductions tip this off), and used save states and played the game frame-by-frame. If he messed up, he just loaded the last save state.

If you need more convincable proof, just go to the guy's website mentioned at the start (end?) of the video and translate it. He confesses.

SSNTails said:
No, he used an emulator (some graphical problems and inaccurate sound reproductions tip this off), and used save states and played the game frame-by-frame. If he messed up, he just loaded the last save state.

Well, I wasn't considering that this was an emulator during the time, because I heard somewhere that the Japanese SMB3 ROM was a bit of crap quality.

It still doesn't make any sense. I mean, every single thing that was done in this video could actually be pulled off in the main game (yes, even those Matrix-styled 1-up collecting stunts, as I have once been able to pull it off and get twelve lives that way). It's even possible to warp from World 1 to World 8. Well, if it's a fake video, at least it's a good one.

You drive me craaaaaazy! Back on topic: This is fake of course. On SOAH city, some guy posted the same thing and then gave the link to the site where the guy who made it said that it was fake. I tried to find it, but it looks like the topic was pruned.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 3, Members: 0, Guests: 3)

Back