2.2 Preview - With Slopes!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fury considered making SRB2 run at 60FPS more important than the game actually being complete, so it's not like we've lost anything pushing us towards 2.2's internal milestones.

The fact of the matter is we underestimated the amount of time ACZ2/3 would (and still is!) taking, and slopes are an out-of-control katamari of distraction on multiple levels. It doesn't help that actual real life things are disrupting members of the devteam right now. I think I've spoken in some lucky kid's YouTube comments about how exams are wailing on me hard, although I guess I'm not actually supposed to be working on anything that would actively hold up release if everything else were done...

Well, good things come to those who wait. You guys can take all the time you needed, because as I (might) have said before, nobody's gonna rush ya.

Although... I do have one question:

If the main trio got some love, does Eggman get or will in the future? If you know what I mean. :P

Dumi, you're probably right for now - but I wouldn't share your bolded emphasis.

Tag and H&S are seen as superfluous by some senior members of the devteam and there's been suggestions to remove them blocked only by a stubborn few and the sheer force of inertia that comes with a big project.

I'm personally for the game modes' continued existence and would probably fight anyone who decided to touch them, but I don't always follow the party line on relatively minor things.

Last edited:
I personally think Tag is fun to play, it doesn't always force you to fire and all and I always have a fun time playing it.

And I have to say that adding Silver in a tag game makes it even better (for when it doesn't break :<), without saying it's a must.

H&S could be better if there were more hiding possibilities. Some maps are too small, and their hiding spots became too obvious with the time. A good part of them requiring Knuckles to climb walls. Just my personal opinion.

It's frustrating because by definition, any match map shouldn't have tight corners or other places where you can actively hide because it disrupts game flow, but because of historical reasons both Tag and H&S are bound to Match maps by default.

Maybe once my exams are over, I'll see what I can do to make H&S have access to race maps (whether they're custom Circuit maps or repurposed SP) because those are more likely to actually have hiding places, and weapon rings don't matter. I'm fine with Tag remaining match-based, though, since SP maps are more difficult to have a fun post-discovery mad scramble in.

Speaking of Circuit... Is there any plans to return the stages in any style like it was in 1.9/2.0? Or perhaps in a new way? I would love to dash in those maps again in the vanilla game. :P

Speaking of Circuit... Is there any plans to return the stages in any style like it was in 1.9/2.0? Or perhaps in a new way? I would love to dash in those maps again in the vanilla game. :P

Judging from 2.1's release, I daresay Circuit Stages are pretty much dead.

And they're probably not coming back.

Yeah, we kept support for Circuit in just to see whether anyone would take advantage of it, and it doesn't seem to be the case. Like Chaos, I guess there's not enough demand for the revamps it would necessitate to balance the gametype.

Thokker could end up integrated, but for multiple reasons it's not happening for 2.2.0. If the minor versions come as fast and thick as they did 2.1, then maybe six months after release in a patch. We've got enough on our plate to update it for all the major changes coming along right now...

Last edited:
Well there was a exe somewhere with 120fps for 2.1.

Its... something i'll tell you that

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 2, Members: 0, Guests: 2)

Back