LuxRB2 Level pack demo!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZarroTsu

Over The Speed Limit
DOWNLOAD HERE

Yes a level pack. And posably the best one yet ;)

Currently has:
-9 playable levels
-27 emblems
-Some Custom gfx
-A custom intro (wait a second or two at the 'ZTaimat presents' thing :P)
-Custom Title screen
-CUTSCENES! (its a 1st! =P)

Screenshots:
luxscreen11va.png

Level info:
Silver Valley: Not quite as silver as you may think =P
Dragonia Mountain: You know this place, its fixed up a bit more...
Midnight Zenith: Lets say... Airial Garden w/out plants =P

---------------

Download and Comment.

Zone 3 crashes upon loading.

As for the levels I got to play, they seem a bit cramped. You also need to run them through a nodesbuilder, there are graphical errors all over the place in OpenGL. I also didn't like the lava mazes in Zone 2 Act 2; mazes just aren't a good idea. Other than that, the levels seemed pretty okay. I suggest that you test your works before you release them, though, so you can avoid problems such as these.

Thats ok... i guess :P

After april, I'll release the next version... (because the contest ends after april, so the next version will have match levels of mine, maybe another Zone and custom special stages...

Well, I played through it.

The main thing you need are more Star Posts. I can't tell you how many times I died and got knocked back to practically the beginning of the stage. You should use Star Posts pretty much wherever it's possible to place. Look at Greenflower Zone 1. It has two Star Posts, and there is absolutely no territory or hazards there. That's the way it should be done =P

The levels seem a bit cramped and empty... try making more big, open areas, and place more items and enemies.

Also, certain wall textures are missing in OpenGL. Did you Zennode?

I've had plenty of my maps Zennoded and yet, they still have OpenGL errors. SRB2 just can't handle the mode anymore. :\

i think he has made this clear guys. just dont play in OpenGL mode.

anyways its nice..still needs some fixing up though (that is why its a demo?)

Its a demo for a few reasons...

For 1, Its nowhere near done. I only have 3 zones out of 10... and they arn't even the 1st 3 (as you can see in the cutscene maps).

Another reason is I'm not entirely done all the gfx... I notaced I missed the 'score' gfx after a SS XP.

Also, Heres a little treat. Grab all the chaos emeralds (any way you want) and turn super.... listen to my new music ;)

Non-OpenGL compatible levels get a mark down in my book. I know that OpenGL has lighting issues, but that doesn't stop me from playing MR in it, and I also won't mark it down for that. At least MR doesn't have missing walls.

In addition, I think Eggman's dialogue could use some work. "I'll get you, you brats," isn't real intelligent sounding.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back