Level Design Contest - January Voting

Status
Not open for further replies.
No. It's not that!

The last placer gets a wooden spoon to hang on their wall. Other than that, I'm not sure what it is myself. I saw it on Neopets (http://neopets.com/topneopets.phtml), at the bottom. I thought that it would be nice for the last placer to take *something* home, so I thought...

Sorry for ruining your day, Chaos Zero 64. :oops:

Sorry for bumping, but I need clarification. Since I entered my wad, Astral Fortress (also my first and only wad), I eagerly awaited your comments. I didn't get any. If you don't mind, could you just tell me what you thought about it? I need info, so I'll be able to improve my wads in the future. Don't worry about hurting my feelings, go ahead and sock it to me. In fact, I want your critisisms. Point out any flaws in the map, be they glitches or gameplay-wise.

1. It's generally better not to make your maps symetrical(sp?) to add more variety to the map.

2. Don't add things that lag excessively.

That's all I can think of right now..

Cracks between FOFs, even if they are 1 f. wide, look bad in software, especially in 320x200. They just SCREAM 'This map is for OpenGL' at you, enough to make you cry.

Wow. That comp's pretty lousy by today's standards and yet can handle that tree just fine? I'd hate to imagine what the rest of you have...

As for me, I didn't notice lag, but I hardly looked around, TBH.

hotdog003 said:
Cracks between FOFs, even if they are 1 f. wide, look bad in software, especially in 320x200. They just SCREAM 'This map is for OpenGL' at you, enough to make you cry.
I was too lazy to fix those cracks. And I never even played the map in OGL. ^^;

Naah. Linux is most assuredly the present, along with OSX and Windows XP. Longhorn is the future... along with whatever version of Linux is out around then.

In my school also... And my computer is using Windows 98 (because is more compatible with DOS programs like DIV Games Studio than Windows XP).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back