• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

SRB2 Colloseum -(New Beta)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nathan Speed said:
From one person. One person who obviously diden't play it in a acctual match. XD

But yeah. It's rather fun, not the best, but fun.

Kitsune and you is not one person...

I dunno, I didn't get his review.

Kitsune said:
Glitch City Zone - 4/10
This level was really pointless. What's the real point of jumping around a level with buildings textured randomly?

I don't know about this. The point was, it's a match stage. >>
Yeah, I don't know. And Nathan called it decent, not bad.

This is the newest finished level in the mod, Sewer Network Zone. It's circuit. It takes place in the sewers and briefly in a lone alley. Includes teleports and reaaaaaaaaalllllly long falls.

srb20008-1.png

You start the race falling from that hole. There's no way to get back up there, so you'll just have to navigate the sewers.

srb20009-1.png

You'll be be neck-deep in waste for the majority of the race, so thokking is encouraged. But there are obstacles that will slow you down, usually these cans of waste which have somehow found their way into the sewer.

srb20010-2.png

This is one of those falls I was talking about. It's not the longest one though, and that's not the entire drop you see in the shot. I was more then halfway through the drop when taking this! Anyway, when you reach the bottom you'll arrive in an even dirtier, deeper, and darker part of the sewer.

srb20011-1.png

This is the darker part I talked about. There's a bunch of pipes blocking the way, so you'll have to go around the oddly placed rock to reach the pipe on the other side.

srb20012-1.png

Fresh air! The pipe takes you back up to the surface. It's a nice, snowy day with lots of flowers.

srb20013.png

...But, this is circuit. So back to the beginning. This is the longest drop in the level. (-12000 fracunits.) You'll arrive back where you started.

Darkness Claw's level Volcano Park city is also now in the mod.

Jellybones69 said:
...But, this is circuit. So back to the beginning. This is the longest drop in the level. (-12000 fracunits.) You'll arrive back where you started.
Sectors with a difference between the ceiling and floor of more than 6144 can randomly SIGSEGV the game, so it is highly suggested you never make a room taller than that.

I'll do that, but how often does it sigsegv the game, and why? The level hasn't sigsegv'd in any of the times I played it.

It's not a common issue, but it does randomly sigsegv. I remember it came up when I accidentally messed up a room when making Mystic Realm 4. It's a generally good idea not to make any sector taller than that anyways, since the collision detection breaks down when you fall that far anyways.

The sewer network zone looks and sounds very interesting, but I just find falls over 4000 fracunits to be extremely annoying.

So...what do you guys think of the levels? I've posted a new link, it fixes some things and takes out that god forsaken race level (Candy circuit/candy mountain) Bohemian Raspberry also gets a slight fix up with it's trees and lake, and a new race zone, Primeval Tomb zone, is in the circuit rotation too.

AND PLEASE. This mod is seriously ignored, and I have no idea how. FEEDBACK, MAN!

Hmm? New stuff? Cool.
I'll get it downloaded once I can re-install SRB2.
Also, I don't know if you've done this, but see if Chemical Base sigsevs anywhere near the bridge, last time I tested it it did, but I couldn't pinpoint the cause. Might have something to do with a Water FOF.

Nathan Speed said:
Hmm? New stuff? Cool.
I'll get it downloaded once I can re-install SRB2.
Also, I don't know if you've done this, but see if Chemical Base sigsevs anywhere near the bridge, last time I tested it it did, but I couldn't pinpoint the cause. Might have something to do with a Water FOF.

I'll try and see if that's it while I fix some other error stuff. I think I'm done with this mod though, it's not really getting any attention and I think 10 match maps, 5 race maps, and 4 CTF maps is good enough.
So yeah, this'll probably get released sometime soon. I just need to fix PTZ's teleport, and see if Chemical Plant sigsev's.

Before I start playing I have a question(which I know won't be answered until after I play), is the song in Bohemian Rhaspberry "Bohemian Rhapsody" by Queen? If it is, I'm gonna sit there for a few hours. Haha.

BrennenTehAwsumz said:
Before I start playing I have a question(which I know won't be answered until after I play), is the song in Bohemian Rhaspberry "Bohemian Rhapsody" by Queen? If it is, I'm gonna sit there for a few hours. Haha.

Whoah, I forgot about that song. Sorry, that isn't the song that plays (but it could be!)

The the mod is now finished, so you can find it in the levels section:
http://www.srb2.org/mb/viewtopic.php?t=17826

HEY WAIT!

HEY WAIT! You are missing one of the circuit levels in te finished mod! (forgot the name)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back