[Open Assets] Torched City Zone (mt_torchedcity)

This content may be freely modified and/or maintained by anyone.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Spongecar

WishI had a better internet
Torched City Zone is a Match (or Tag) level based off of Crisis City from Sonic The Hedgehog 2006. This stage is planned to be the 3rd Match stage in my unnamed SRB2 mod. Please say what you liked/disliked.

Attachments

• Torched City by Spongecar AKA Knuxfan24.zip
    7.7 MB · Views: 602
  • srb20016.png
    srb20016.png
    43.4 KB · Views: 714
  • srb20017.png
    srb20017.png
    47.3 KB · Views: 598
Last edited:
It's not really that good (too small, too vertical and too spring reliant), but it's not that bad that I would trash it. You followed the advice of the Level Design 101, but the layout of the stage isn't really balanced. Try to work on that. Make the stage larger, add some more opportunities to do platforming and spread some of the ammunition away from the weapons. At the moment, the ground level is empty, which would shift any action to the springs. It's easy to get shot while on a spring, as you have little control, so I guess it will be hard to actually get stuff if you die and respawn.

I would give you a fuller review, but I don't really have the time. For now, take this as an advice. Oh, and another thing: If you delete the link to the level from your post, it will show up as an attachment, like with most releases topics. It's not necessary to link it yourself.

Why did you use the PIT flat for roofs?

And, yeah, I agree with SpiritCrusher. This actually could have been so much more, because it's an original and exciting concept. But the level itself is pretty basic and too vertical. I'd recommend you start over but keep the theme--you've got something here, but this level kind of botched it.

Thanks for the suggestions. I'll tweak the map a bit before I add it into that unnamed mod.
Maybe I should make some tunnels so the map isn't a square.

Last edited:
I've been editing the map. & let's just say the thok barrier is nerfing my ideas. The Crisis City theme is being replaced with what will probably be called the dumbest idea in SRB2 history. It plays the theme of Dark City Zone Act 1. Sounds OK right? Until you notice Flame Rift Zone is playing with it. 2 tunes at once. =-/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back