How to use MD2, i'm a noob so tell it easy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mephiles

Hi i heared aboud that MD2 but i dont understand? i readed all those explanations but i don't understand.

If your asking how to use them first download the installer (you can always replace the md2's with other peoples later) then run the net launcher and select opengl then run srb2 then go into the console and type
Code:
GR_MD2 1
then start playing levels with them.

Please note opengl will lag on some computers.

In English:
First you need to have an MD2 folder in your Srb2 directory. If you don't have one, make it. Next you need to have a DAT file named MD2.dat. To make one, open Notepad and you'll need a code like this:
Code:
PLAY PLAY.MD2 3.0 0.0
In it. Save the file as All files-> MD2.dat and it will become a DAT file. Next you'll need the MD2 file and Textures of the model you want to play. They can be found in our models section. Download them into your MD2 folder, and rename both the MD2 and Texture file as PLAY. Open up Srb2 in OpenGL. To do this, start the Srb2 Launcher and type the parameter -opengl or check in the opengl box. When Srb2 starts up, type:
Code:
GR_MD2 ON
and you'll have models

In Dutch:
Eerst moet u een MD2 omslag in uw Srb2 folder hebben. Als u don' t heeft één, maakt het. Daarna moet u Dat- dossier genoemde MD2.dat hebben. Om één, open Blocnote en you' te maken; ll vereis een code als dit:
Code:
PLAY PLAY.MD2 3.0 0.0
Daarin. Sparen het dossier als Al dossier-> MD2.dat en het zal een Dat- dossier worden. Volgende you' ll behoefte het MD2 dossier en de Texturen van het model u wilt spelen. Zij kunnen in onze modellensectie worden gevonden. Download hen in uw MD2 omslag, en noem zowel MD2 als het dossier van de Textuur als SPEL anders. Stel Srb2 in OpenGL open. Om dit te doen, begin de Srb2 Lanceerinrichting en typ de parameter -opengl of controle in de opengldoos. Wanneer Srb2 begint, type:
Code:
GR_MD2 ON
en you' ll hebben modellen

Supasonik11 said:
Double posting will get you nowhere. Use the edit button.

And backseat moderating will get you nowhere. Watch yourself.

But yes, Mephiles, if you could please use the edit button, and brush up a bit on your English, that would be nice. I realize you aren't a native speaker, so you get some slack there, but it really would help a bit.

sonic260 said:
In English:
First you need to have an MD2 folder in your Srb2 directory. If you don't have one, make it. Next you need to have a DAT file named MD2.dat. To make one, open Notepad and you'll need a code like this:
Code:
PLAY PLAY.MD2 3.0 0.0
In it. Save the file as All files-> MD2.dat and it will become a DAT file. Next you'll need the MD2 file and Textures of the model you want to play. They can be found in our models section. Download them into your MD2 folder, and rename both the MD2 and Texture file as PLAY. Open up Srb2 in OpenGL. To do this, start the Srb2 Launcher and type the parameter -opengl or check in the opengl box. When Srb2 starts up, type: GR_MD2 ON and you'll have models

In Dutch:
Eerst moet u een MD2 omslag in uw Srb2 folder hebben. Als u don' t heeft één, maakt het. Daarna moet u Dat- dossier genoemde MD2.dat hebben. Om één, open Blocnote en you' te maken; ll vereis een code als dit:
Code:
PLAY PLAY.MD2 3.0 0.0
Daarin. Sparen het dossier als Al dossier-> MD2.dat en het zal een Dat- dossier worden. Volgende you' ll behoefte het MD2 dossier en de Texturen van het model u wilt spelen. Zij kunnen in onze modellensectie worden gevonden. Download hen in uw MD2 omslag, en noem zowel MD2 als het dossier van de Textuur als SPEL anders. Stel Srb2 in OpenGL open. Om dit te doen, begin de Srb2 Lanceerinrichting en typ de parameter -opengl of controle in de opengldoos. Wanneer Srb2 begint, type:
GR_MD2 ON
en you' ll hebben modellen

In a short description- 1. download srb2 Launcher. 2. Go to main options and click opengl mode. 3. start srb2 and add the following command
Code:
 gr_md2 1
and start the game.

Supasonik11 said:
a short description- 1. download srb2 Launcher. 2. Go to main options and click opengl mode. 3. start srb2 and add the following command
Code:
 gr_md2 1
and start the game.
And how does he get the models or install them

It should be noted that you can use GR_MD2 1 and GR_MD2 0 to toggle the use of models while playing, not just before you start.

Prime 2.0 said:
It should be noted that you can use GR_MD2 1 and GR_MD2 0 to toggle the use of models while playing, not just before you start.
TOGGLE GR_MD2

Though the Toggle command is broken in SVN versions as well as the 10th Anniv. Beta.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back