Sometimes when I'm hosting...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Delta

...people get kicked out and it says "(consistency failure)". Can someone please explain what that means? Does my server lag?

Also, as a side question, you know how you can press T to talk during multiplayer? Are there any other commands (not on the console) that you can use?

I used to play this game a while ago, but now I'm back into it since I asked a friend to dl it. It's frickin' AWESOME!

A consistency failure is when something happens that causes a break in game consistency. Like, someone using a wad the server doesn't have. the second he or she sees it, the wadder gets booted.

Thanks Roboashura and supershadow 2.

Erm, I also have three more questions, if anyone could care to answer these too:

1) I was playing in multiplayer once with someone, and I don't remember the level, but something happened and it said Light Dash Activated. How come I could only use it then and not anytime I'm in a bunch of rings? How do I use it normally?

2) I was in a co-op game online, and we were in GFZ Act 1 and then messages came up on the screen about not jumping on people's roofs and then I was transported to a volcano type level. How do you get there in multiplayer?

3) For CTF, in Silver Cascade Zone how do you get to the other side while you're holding the flag? I think I may be missing something obvious.

Can someone please help me?

Delta said:
1) I was playing in multiplayer once with someone, and I don't remember the level, but something happened and it said Light Dash Activated. How come I could only use it then and not anytime I'm in a bunch of rings? How do I use it normally?
I'm not exactly sure of that myself. You probably turned SA mode on somehow.

Delta said:
2) I was in a co-op game online, and we were in GFZ Act 1 and then messages came up on the screen about not jumping on people's roofs and then I was transported to a volcano type level. How do you get there in multiplayer?
Just look at what the messages said. That should give you some clue.

Delta said:
3) For CTF, in Silver Cascade Zone how do you get to the other side while you're holding the flag? I think I may be missing something obvious.
Remember that move that's now dead in the SA series? You know, the Spindash?

the exact same things happened to me in a netgame i joined just yesterday, then
we got teleported to red volcano zone. and it kept restarting a lot.

Delta said:

The host may have turned on Lightdash in the console.

Come to think of it, I think that was me :p.

Thanks a lot for the help FuriousFox. Also, what is SA (Sonic Adventure) mode and how do you use it?

As for the light dash, I looked in the manual, but it doesn't say how to turn it on in the console. What's the command, and how did you find it out?

And lastly, how do you turn the crosshair on? I tried turning it on in options and nothing shows up on my screen.

Btw, FuriousFox, if that's your server that's on right now, I can't join for some reason because I'm missing two files. I know how to get mysticrealm, but FFSERV_custommatch-r5.wad I haven't heard of. What is it and where can I get it?

Thanks everybody for your help! :D

1) type lightdash on in the console to turn it on

2) for the crosshair thing, you have to be in first person mode, (camera Off)

Delta said:
I know how to get mysticrealm, but FFSERV_custommatch-r5.wad I haven't heard of. What is it and where can I get it?
Recently, Furious has been using the Match maps from Mystic Realm alongside with the normal ones to create a larger map rotation through the help of small SOC edits. He made a tiny little file with the SOC, file which can be quickly downloaded to your computer if you attempt to join his server. You got both that file and Mystic Realm on the list of missing files probably because the game checked first if you had Mystic Realm on your SRB2 directory, not bothering to download FF's SOC edit. Download Mystic Realm and try to join his server again - you'll most likely download the SOC automatically and enter the game successfully.

It makes it so after Zim's Base, the game jumps to Grass Plateau (or whatever the stage is called >.>), and after the first 5 Mystic Realm match maps, it jumps back to Airborne Temple, skipping the broken Starlit Warehouse.

This may sound kinda stupid...but what's an SOC? I'm not really into filenames and stuff, so if someone could explain, that would be helpful.

I think Soc Files are just like Wad files only, you can edit stuff without the wad author or Doom builder or something

Are there any other console commands that aren't listed in the manual besides lightdash on/off, God (haven't tried it, but I've heard of it) and Objectplace? Does anyone have a list?

You can use MAP MAPxx to change the map you're playing on, where xx is the number ID of the map, or use TUNES xx to change the song you're listening to. Use the NAME, SKIN, and COLOR commands to quickly change your appearance in multiplayer games. Also, try SONICCD ON and TIMEATTACKED ON for a bit of fun variety. There are many others too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back