• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

Semi-Stupid request

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZarroTsu

Over The Speed Limit
Im too lazy to search the mb... heres what i need:

The old .wad file called gfx.wad shown in the tutorial. If theres something i missed, inform me.

oh yes, the archive doesnt help me, my computer doesn't have the proper file(s) to run it.

Well then maybe you're semi-stupid enough to not realize that you don't need it anymore. SRB2.SRB and SRB2.WCF are the only things you need for WadAuthor to work. But I don't blame ya. The level editor by a441 is outdated.

When you open up your level editor it asks you for some main wad or whatever. Click browse, and goto the file you have SRB2 located in. In the Filename box, type srb2.srb. That is where srb2.srb is.

I'm using Wadauthor...

I'd really apreciate it if someone emailed me or posted the gfx.wad.

I dont really need it to make my maps, i'd just like to see the proper gfx while editing instead of the doom crap.

Even WITH gfx.wad, it doesn't take off the DOOM "crap". You have to properly load SRB2.WCF, which is in the SRB2 Configuration Files section, found in the Editing section of www.srb2.org

Only then you can erase the DOOM stuff and let it be the SRB2 stuff.

Then you're not loading srb2.wcf. You just have it there.

Without opening a map, go to file, configuration files, and choose srb2.wcf.

been there. done that. no luck.

I need the gfx.wad for the image tab in documentr proporties. w/out the gfx wad, i cannot make water and my mini pics (the walls, ground, ect. in the map object proporties) are old doom2 ones. Someone plz just post gfx.wad...

Trust me, gfx.wad only loads TEXTURES ONLY. It doesn't erase the DOOM stuff at all. SRB2.SRB and SRB2.WCF do that. You're just doing something wrong. If somebody is stupid but kindly enough to post gfx.wad here, it WON'T CHANGE A THING.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back