• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

Need LVL editor for SRB2.

Status
Not open for further replies.

AP

I Have Hella Ideas for Sonic Robo Blast 2. The Ideas are Levels. I got Crazy levels I wanna make. Where can I get it?

And you don't Have to capitalize The Unimportant words In your Sentence.

I downloaded it.

The Damn Thing Won't let me install The Doom Thing. IT says something about an Error.

Agh, the colors! x_x But yeah, we can't help you if we don't know what's wrong.

The Damn N00b is Talking but Not Saying Much. I Think he Might be Colorblind or Deaf, Too.
And "IT says something about an Error" is certainly not enough for us to be able to help 'em...
:( I hate it when they're like that.

He probably needs the Doom 2 IWAD...
I forget the Freedoom site, though. Can't help too much there.

Actually, they're pretty equal, if you look at everything.

Roboashura said:
Actually, they're pretty equal, if you look at everything.

No they're not. Doom Builder has better everything compared to WAD Author, at least in my opinion. How do you get 3D mode in WAD Author?

You don't. Why do you really even need a 3D mode? I don't, even for Zdoom modding. Wadauthor is better for SRB2 for its sector-based editing style, while I prefer Doom Builder for normal Doom.

No no, I know maps are constructed of sectors. What I meant was that wadauthor uses a "put sector here", or sector-based style, whereas DB uses a "put line here to make a sector," or line-based style. Sector-based is easier for SRB2 because of it's large undetailed areas, while line-based editing is good for Doom's small rooms and contructions.

3D mode allows you to view your level without having to save the wad you're working on, and then open it in the game your making the wad for.
That and it also allows you to align textures and change textures without having to try to rember what needs changed if you don't have 3d mode.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back