OpenGL problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm having a problem with OpenGL, when i start the game up in OpenGL the game freezes, but the rest of the computer still works. This only started happening yesterday.

Your computer may not be powerful enough to run OpenGL, or your graphics card won't support OpenGL in any way. That's pretty sad however if your PC isn't powerful enough, although because the rest of your PC was working it must have been something to do with SRB2 or just your video card.

i think you need a 16 MB graphics card to run opengl, i dunno, im running 32 and 64 mb here, and i cant get a good estimate with a 2MB

It doesn't have to do with the VRAM in the card. Your card has to support OpenGL in one way or another, and most new cards out today support 1.6 or 2.0. Mine surprisingly does OpenGL more than DirectX, but who gives! I like opengl better!

I want Software mode with coronas. The coronas are the only thing about OpenGL that I actually care about.

:?

I can't even get mine to run openGl. Either that or it is on and I don't know it.
Either way, I doubt it coz I got a brand-spanking new 128mb NVidia card here and it still runs a little slow sometimes.

Have you got the drivers for the card? or it could just be your processor, my friends got a 750mhz athlon with 128 graphics, and only software is reliable for play, a snail gos faster than srb2 in opengl on his comp

EDIT: are you using the launcher?

...But the coronas are the only thing about it that I care about. And yeah, it does look better, but I can't stand how the sprites cave in when you look down on them. This really throws me off, as I primarily use 3rd person, which means that the player caves in after falling from a high area. It's pretty hard to hit a crawla from above when I can't see the crawla or the player.

Oh, and it makes sector borders and colormaps look like trash.

i agree with SS2005, opengl does look nicer in general, but i also agree with ritz, the colormaps don't look as good, and its quite annoying with opengl and the 2d sprites.

i use the launcher all the time for opengl! mabye the problem could be fixed by defragmenting the pc with norton systemworks speed disk.

Or just defragmenting with Windows's defragger thingie..

Why would defragging help, exactly?

sorry, tried that. it still didn't work right! opengl is now discolored in blue!

edit: opengl and nvidia are enemies.

OpenGL was working perfectaly, no lags during game play in single player, the only time it had to load was between stages. Now it dosent work. :cry:

iv'e got an Nvidia geforce 4 mx 440 video card that's 128 megabytes and opengl works slow. iv'e also got opengl.dll and opengl32.dll on my pc.

I'm on an nVidia GeForce FX 5600 card with a 2.4 GHz Pentium 4, and I can run the game in 1280 x 1024 with 2x Antialiasing and 8x Anistropic. Plays smoothly here. And the card has 256 MB DDR memory.

I find that the GeForce 4 MX series is very slow, and quite featureless. It's really just a souped up GeForce 2 card.

FoxBlitzz said:
I'm on an nVidia GeForce FX 5600 card with a 2.4 GHz Pentium 4, and I can run the game in 1280 x 1024 with 2x Antialiasing and 8x Anistropic. Plays smoothly here. And the card has 256 MB DDR memory.

I find that the GeForce 4 MX series is very slow, and quite featureless. It's really just a souped up GeForce 2 card.

not exactly, foxblitzz. opengl worked fast on my dad's hp pc and has the same card. we had pentium 4. now we have celeron.
something happened when the card was transferred to this pc!
what happened!

it's intel celeron D! it makes opengl run slow!

also, check which processor you have first before running opengl.
if it's celeron, it runs slow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back