Level Header Error

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlazeFan1

Pssh, this is almost more trouble than its worth.

Now, I went under scripts to edit the level header stuff, and recieved this error when I clicked edit main lump or whatever.

"Run Time Error 339"
"Component 'cmcs21.ocx' or one of its dependencies not correctly registered. A file is missing or invalid."

And then Doom Builder Crashes.

Ok tech-support people, what do I do now?

You get XWE and Notepad, make your MAINCFG in notepad, put it in your wad via XWE, then done.

Ok thats a step in the right direction.

Unfortunately, DOOD64, I'm a beginner and don't know what I'm doing.

So, what's XWE, what's Notepad, and where do I get them?

NotePad is a software installed on Microsoft Operating Systems. It can read documents.

Right click - New - Text Document.
XWE is a software used for making character wads. You can download it off the SRB2 Wiki.

Just Google XWE and you'll probably get a download. Also notepad is not needed.
When you open your WAD in XWE, create a new entry using Entry > New on the menu. Name the new entry MAINCFG and make your level header in there by double clicking it and typing into the large box on the right hand side of the screen.

EVERYONE LISTEN TO ME!
You don't even have to do any of that!
Just google "cmcs21.ocx", and you should find it available for download. Then, put it in the same folder as SRB2 Doom Builder, and the error will no longer happen.

I went with Fawfulfan's idea, and downloaded cmcs21.ocx, and put it in the folder with Doom Builder.

Strangely, that didn't help at all.

So, I guess I'm going to go look for XWE and follow Darkbob's instructions.

But first I have a question.

Have I skipped a step? Is there anything special I need to do to the map before I go to create the level header? And also, what is that other option, merge map-something into MAIN or whatever is says. Does that have anything to do with it?
If none of this is applicable to my problem, I'll just go get XWE, but I'd like to know.

EVERYONE LISTEN TO ME!
EVERYONE DO NOT LISTEN TO HIM!

Just kidding.

Downloading cmcs21.ocx is one of steps to get SRB2DB fully working (for WinXP).

1. Run the computer as administrator
  2. Download cmcs21.ocx (http://homepages.inf.ed.ac.uk/s0569864/cmcs21.zip, extract it first =P)
  3. Move it to it to C:\windows\system32
  4. And then run the following at the command line:
Code:
regsvr32 cmcs21.ocx

(yea, the wiki doesn't mention anything about it)

That means you'll use MS-DOS Prompt. Simple thing (image).

Go to taskbar: Start > Run > Type cmd or command and press enter. And then a black window will pop up. Have fun.

Last edited:
Upon trying Ezer's suggestion, I HAVE FOUND THE PROBLEM.

I AM USING WINDOWS 7.

Don't worry, I already have the program that allows DoomBuilder to work on Windows 7. I got that when I started learning months ago. However, that explains several of these problems.

So... Fawfulfan's simple plan didn't work because my computer refuses to recognize cmcs21.ocx, as I discovered when I ran the command line Ezer suggested.

SO... I have two options.

Option 1: Continue with Ezer's plan, but first I'd need to find a program that will allow Windows 7 to recognize cmcs21.ocx or in some other way, something it can read that will run the level header option on DoomBuilder. You guys would have to supply me with such a program, I have no idea where to look.

Option 2: Go with darkbob (and others) plan, get XWE and make level header through that, but I might experience different complications there, again because of Windows 7.

I suppose I should have told you guys this detail a bit sooner... so, does anyone know which route I take now??

Last edited:
I think the best way you should do this is to download XWE or SLumpEd (I prefer SLumpEd) and add it manually. All you have to do is add a new lump named "MAINCFG" and start typing the level header in the content of the lump. You should have something close to this (maybe more) in the lump:

Code:
Level 1
levelname = YOUR MAPNAME HERE
act = 0
musicslot = 1
skynum = 1
weather = 0
typeoflevel = 4096
nextlevel = 2

If you want to add anything else or don't understand what any of those lines do, look through the Level Header article.

XWE is a software used for making character wads. You can download it off the SRB2 Wiki.

You forgot about graphics, textures and SOCs. Or just any file really (And you guys totally overlooked SLumpEd).

Ok everyone, time for a new approach!

I can't manage to make this work in Doom Builder or Any other program, (XWE, SlumpED, etc.) because I'm running Windows 7, which these programs don't like.

I'm going to make a new thread called "Need .wad completion help" where I will detail what I hope to do.

Everyone go there!

Um, actually, I just managed to find a way around the problem.

I managed to edit my own header, but ty so much for the offer, and I'll come to you if I need something else. I do have another final question, go look in my thread "need .wad completion help, which has been changed to a whole new topic within.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back